World Champ Dominican Boxer Sanchez shot dead in bar brawl

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It wasn't really a "brawl" According to the papers here, it was a nasty sargeant that wanted to dance with Sanchez'girl and when he declined, twice, and nicely, since he was playing dominos with his friends. Then the guy sat down and shot Sanchez twice in the stomach. they --whoever "they " might be, operated on him but to no avail..

Stupid and so sad....

HB :ermm:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Man, oh man!

I am so sorry about this crime.

I, being a boxing fanatic, have watched a few of Sanchez's fights. A pretty decent fighter with a warrior heart.

Pana

Feb 12, 2005
It's sad he had to die in a violent manner because of something so petty, hopefully this killer will spend the rest of his life behind bars. God bless Agapito Sanchez and may he rest in peace.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
monster said:
thats too bad ...whats gonna happen to the crooked sergent.

Apparently, they're looking for him. Hopefully, they treat him in the same manner when they find him, but miss the stomach and aim a tad bit lower first. However, since he's a cop, I have a feeling, he may just "disappear" without any recourse.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Another senseless death.
Part of the price we pay to live in a free society is that lowlife assh0les are free to do despicable things.
One can only hope that justice will be served and the punishment will fit the crime.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
miguel said:
I am so sorry about this crime.

I, being a boxing fanatic, have watched a few of Sanchez's fights. A pretty decent fighter with a warrior heart.

Being Dominican, of course he's my husband Angel's favorite. Angel said he was about to compete for another title. What a shame...

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
trina said:
Apparently, they're looking for him. Hopefully, they treat him in the same manner when they find him, but miss the stomach and aim a tad bit lower first. However, since he's a cop, I have a feeling, he may just "disappear" without any recourse.

I thought that the sergeant was in the hospital dueto injuries incurred during a lyching event by the locals.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Stodgord said:
I thought that the sergeant was in the hospital dueto injuries incurred during a lyching event by the locals.

Now that I've read more, I think you're right. I was basing my response on an article in http://www.fightnews.com/, which states that he's being sought. Who'd've thought you can't believe everything you read?;) :surprised

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
trina said:
I read that the killer was an Air Force Sergeant, not a Police Officer.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Hillbilly said:
It wasn't really a "brawl" According to the papers here, it was a nasty sargeant that wanted to dance with Sanchez'girl and when he declined, twice, and nicely, since he was playing dominos with his friends. Then the guy sat down and shot Sanchez twice in the stomach. they --whoever "they " might be, operated on him but to no avail..

Stupid and so sad....

HB :ermm:
The article I read stated that Sanchez was hitting on the Sargeant's girl, not the other way around. The whole truth to the story is probably somewhere in the middle.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
HOWMAR said:
The article I read stated that Sanchez was hitting on the Sargeant's girl, not the other way around. The whole truth to the story is probably somewhere in the middle.

I agree, the way the stories go in the DR, we may never know the whole real version of the truth.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
JimB, thanks for the posting. It's interesting to hear another side of the story. It strange how one of the articles I read says describes Sanchez much the same way you describe your wife's uncle.

Agapito Sanchez was just as much a champion outside the ring--quiet, modest, almost shy -- certainly not one to look for trouble. He will be missed.
Please keep us apprised of future events.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Wow, don't I feel like a heel right now. God bless your family and I hope your uncle has a speedy recovery.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Read The Other Day,that,"No Matter How Flat You Make a "Pancake",

....It still has Two Sides!!!"
That certainly applies to "Eyewitness Accounts" in the DR! CCCCCCCCCC

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Criss Colon said:
....It still has Two Sides!!!"
That certainly applies to "Eyewitness Accounts" in the DR! CCCCCCCCCC

Truer words may never have been spoken. You'd think I would've learned by now!

:ermm:

gringagirly

Mar 7, 2005
3 sides

JimB said:
but still has several innacuracies:

Novas is far from a rogue and he shot in self defence after being brutally attacked.

According to witness statments, this is about as far from the truth as you can get. He apparently was a hot headed tough guy who harassed and bullied all those around him especially when drinking.

(I just this minute heard from another person who has know Agapito and his family for many years who says that he was a big trouble maker and the type of guy who looked to make problems.)

Like mentioned above, there are 2 sides to every story.
Somewhere in between is the truth.

more info as the story develops...

JimB

I've always assumed there are THREE sides to a story like this...and only ONE being the truth......throw in the mix... Dominican men, booze, maybe drugs, a professional ego-maniac boxer, off-duty military with a gun, women other than
their wives...sorry, but it reads like a novella..with a really bad ending

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I am sure the off duty military officer was sending eye signals to the puta who was with boxer. this must have been going on for sometime even after the boxer declined his request to dance with her. The military officer was still eye balling her until he was noticed by everyone. At this time the boxer might have lost his patience and the officer decided to leave. This is when the events took the wrong turn.
AZB

Did You Say "PUTA"? How Dare You Criticise aDOMINICAN?? HIPOCRITE!!!! CCCCC

Last edited by a moderator: