CapeCodders looking for DR Xmas Party!

sunman6

Jun 9, 2002
Rick & I (Janice) will be moving to Boca Chica from 11/26 through 4/15 and would love to meet some fellow Americans or others who speak English for a Christmas gathering. It will be tough being away from kids/grandkids. I've read about a great gathering planned in Sosua and wonder if any such thing is happening in Santo Domingo, Boca, Juan Dolia, San Pedro, etc.?

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
Hello from Santo Domingo, in the Malecon Area always are parties with Merengue and Bachata groups and in so many other places.

sunman6

Jun 9, 2002
Well, ACMike, we'll PM you when we're in DR We won't have a car but maybe we'll bus into SD for a day.

And thanks, riravaga for the pointers. Would there be English speaking folks at these gatherings?

chiquittabanana

Feb 11, 2004
I couldn't see this thread before,,,but my husband and I will be in the DR from the 22nd to the 3rd. It will be nice to get together with other English speaking people during the holidays as he can only say: "Gracias, uno momento, espera, cerveza & rum"...... that with lots of hand gestures is his way to comunicate with Dominicans.

As I posted in the General Forum, it will be great to find other golfers who would be interested in getting few rounds in at Guavaberry.

Chiquittabanana

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
well sunman, maybe yes, or maybe not, here the most of people that has a second language is english, but not all the dominicans speak english.

So let me know where you will be in Santo Domingo so I will try to be there, or I will give you my cell phone so you could call me