Tierra Mare

BigDaddy

Jan 16, 2005
Does anyone know where this development is in Sosua? Does anyone know anything about it? I did a search but couldn't find anything on the forums about it. Is it new?

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
BigDaddy said:
Does anyone know where this development is in Sosua? Does anyone know anything about it? I did a search but couldn't find anything on the forums about it. Is it new?
Terramar is a development owned and operated by the former remax agent John Bommerito. From a distance it appears to be very beutiful but once in the complex it's not as nice. The security seems to be questionable as well as i have seen a few negative comments on this message board and also all the houses have bars on the windows. Resale in this community is very slow as well. Electricity is also quite costly and is controlled by the developer. Do your research before you make a decision. There are probably better investments in the area.

ecarignan

Jan 9, 2003
www.commtech.ca
All I've heard about Terramar was negative but I must say I've visited a house in there and was pretty impressed. There is contruction going on, which is always a good sign. It just seems everyone has negative comments about every development. If Terramar is for you, go ahead but pls don't use owner's financing, especially if Mr Bommarito owns it.
Good luck. Like Wayne said, look also at othere developments.

4ringer

Jan 5, 2006
If you visit any house worth anything in the Dominican republic they have BARS ON ALL WINDOWS AND DOORS. The fact that Terramar has houses with bars probably means that the people who live here have been in this country for a while and know how things work.
I dont live in Terramar but know one person who does. The project works. Bommarito is not an easy out and from what I hear if you are a straight shooter so is he on the other hand if you try to screw him he will do that to you. I would do the same thing.
There is no such thing as a SAFE project in Dominican Republic, there is too much hunger and poverty driving desperate individuals to do desperate things.
If you like Terramar go for it, the prices are a lot cheaper than any comparable property, the views are fantastic and if you buy or build there remember it is your private lot, your privte house. You are not moving in with anybody.
I own a house in Sosua and I know the owners in Terramar have a lot more privacy and peace of mind than most house owners in Sosua or Puerto plata have.
ringer

bakersindr

Jan 2, 2008
members.shaw.ca
If you visit any house worth anything in the Dominican republic they have BARS ON ALL WINDOWS AND DOORS. The fact that Terramar has houses with bars probably means that the people who live here have been in this country for a while and know how things work.
I dont live in Terramar but know one person who does. The project works. Bommarito is not an easy out and from what I hear if you are a straight shooter so is he on the other hand if you try to screw him he will do that to you. I would do the same thing.
There is no such thing as a SAFE project in Dominican Republic, there is too much hunger and poverty driving desperate individuals to do desperate things.
If you like Terramar go for it, the prices are a lot cheaper than any comparable property, the views are fantastic and if you buy or build there remember it is your private lot, your privte house. You are not moving in with anybody.
I own a house in Sosua and I know the owners in Terramar have a lot more privacy and peace of mind than most house owners in Sosua or Puerto plata have.
ringer

Here is hoping you are right about the above. We purchased a house in Terramar after going up and down the coast from Costambar to Cabarete and beyond for a week with a real estate agent and looking at close to 50 different places. We liked Hispaniola as well but thought the costs in Terramar were a bit more reasonable and the house was alread built although only 3 years old. Casa Linda was a lot more crowded and older. Costa Azul had some nice new houses at great prices but the security was next to zero and the area scared the pants off of us with the barrio so close. Lots of flooding in the area in rainny season as well. Could have got a nice place in Costambar but the houses and lots were very crowded and the security was next to nothing. Just getting down the lousy roads to the place were and adventure as well.
Still a bit of a shot in the dark for us in Terramar I guess but we are happy with the purchase and expect to be happy campers there for a long time!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
ringer
Hey ringer.
As that was your first post, perhaps you would like to introduce yourself to us.
Maybe tell us a bit about what made you move here, how long you've been here, etc.
Whatever you might care to share.