Electronic Attack Dog, Burglar alarm.

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Some time ago I described my burglar alarm, but had mislaid the data on it.
Here it is. "Rex plus electronic watchdog", Part No. ED-50. Safety Technology International, Inc. 2306 Airport Road, Waterford, Michigan, MI 48327, USA.
Tel. 248-673-9898. Toll free 800-888-4STI. EMail info@sti-usa.com
http://www.sti-usa.com This works really unbelievably well, 110volt/ inverter system or battery. No food/ exercise/vet bills!! Uses radar motion detector, sees motion through wall of building/ door, etc. Small plastic box does it all. It never sleeps or leaves your property unguarded!! No, I don't own the company, wish I did.. Canadian Bob.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
canadian bob said:
Some time ago I described my burglar alarm, but had mislaid the data on it.
Here it is. "Rex plus electronic watchdog", Part No. ED-50. Safety Technology International, Inc. 2306 Airport Road, Waterford, Michigan, MI 48327, USA.
Tel. 248-673-9898. Toll free 800-888-4STI. EMail info@sti-usa.com
http://www.sti-usa.com This works really unbelievably well, 110volt/ inverter system or battery. No food/ exercise/vet bills!! Uses radar motion detector, sees motion through wall of building/ door, etc. Small plastic box does it all. It never sleeps or leaves your property unguarded!! No, I don't own the company, wish I did.. Canadian Bob.

I bought two of them several years ago. Now they're part of my children's toys. It's true, they work like specified, however, the barking alarm is triggered by birds, moths, and mice, and unbelievably, a huge errant bac? which is a story in itself.

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Mirador said:
I bought two of them several years ago. Now they're part of my children's toys. It's true, they work like specified, however, the barking alarm is triggered by birds, moths, and mice, and unbelievably, a huge errant bac? which is a story in itself.

To eliminate that problem, just turn down the sensitivity... Canadian Bob.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
canadian bob said:
To eliminate that problem, just turn down the sensitivity... Canadian Bob.

The unit has only two controls: volume and sensitivity. Do your really think I'm that simple not to have tried that? ;-) Actually, lowering the sensitivity reduces the reach or perimeter of detection. If you lower it about half way, an elephant walking in front of it about two meters away will not trigger it, however, mice or moths prancing through within a meter will provoke the loud doberman-like yelping or barking. My children will use a unit this Christmas to catch Santa's raindeers. By the way, what are the raindeers' names?*

*(answer): Dasher, Dancer, Dunder, Blixem, Comet, Cupid, Prancer, Vixen and Rudolph.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Mirador, did you use the unit indoors or outdoors? The description on website says it is to be used indoors.

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
Hi Windeguy!, Thanks for the info. All other Messageboardfolks, do you have any info on other home security things? Being burgled is something nobody wants to have to deal with. Thanks for your input on this. Canadian Bob

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
JDJones said:
Ha, I've got a cheap little Genius webcam camara that I bought for about 10 bucks a year or so ago.
It's got a movement detector, with various sounds that are triggered when the camara senses movement. You can also set the sensitivity.
Yup, you read right, a webcam, with a movement alarm.
I've got it hooked up to my stereo through my computer. It rattles the house windows when I crank it up.
And my favorite sound is, of course, the dog bark, but I can put any sound file I want in there.

Very interesting, where are these available please? Canadian Bob.