Best French Fries on the whole island

Its_where_I_Belong

Nov 5, 2005
Name:The best french fries on the whole Island are serve at:Las Brisas

Reason why?:Their secret: The Know how!!!

Cheers

Alain

Last edited:

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I wote NY Shark Bar. real Potatos coney island style right on the beach with free wifi. . . . .I also dig having Hebrew National Hotdogs on the beach. . .

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
rafael said:
I wote NY Shark Bar. real Potatos coney island style right on the beach with free wifi. . . . .I also dig having Hebrew National Hotdogs on the beach. . .

Yeah, Lou gives you a nice big plate of thick cut fries.

Larry

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
THe more things change the more they stay the same. It seems that for the last 3 years in a row. Mc Donalds was voted the best fries in Denver Colorado. So why move to the DR for the same stuff.

Bob K

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
Once when I was in Sosua a couple of the kids wanted to go to Burger King to get burgers & fries.

They wanted to see if they tasted the same as here( Canada). They tried, but no one would give take them. I say if you tasted one BK fry you have tasted them all.

If I am not mistaken I didn't see the Burger King last time I was there.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
tarrantino said:
Once when I was in Sosua a couple of the kids wanted to go to Burger King to get burgers & fries.

They wanted to see if they tasted the same as here( Canada). They tried, but no one would give take them. I say if you tasted one BK fry you have tasted them all.

If I am not mistaken I didn't see the Burger King last time I was there.
Because it is in Puerto Plata, not Sosua.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
tarrantino said:
I didn't mean exactly in Sosua. When we did see it it was on the way to the Rum factory.

Thanks
Well it's still there, only past the rum factory, at the Shell station across from the Stadium.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Actually the best ones I've had in the whole DR was at Parador Cruce de Ocoa, which is one of those rest places by the side of the highway on the way to Azua. Maybe we were hungry or maybe it was because they had just cooked a fresh batch, but my son (who's very picky) was very impressed and made me stop on the way back for some more...

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
You take some potatoes peel them and cut them in the desired shape rectagular with 8mm thick.

you heet some oil or better still beeffat to 150?c put the potatoes in the oil. The oil will cool down and when it reaches 150?c again you take the pre-deepfried fries out and let them cool down. When they are cooled down you put them in the same oil or fat but this thime it has to be at 180?c untill they are golden brown. SHake or wipe off the exces oil/fat, put on som salt (optional) and serve with mayonaise.

Greetings

Johan

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
heldengebroed said:
You take some potatoes peel them and cut them in the desired shape rectagular with 8mm thick.

you heet some oil or better still beeffat to 150?c put the potatoes in the oil. The oil will cool down and when it reaches 150?c again you take the pre-deepfried fries out and let them cool down. When they are cooled down you put them in the same oil or fat but this thime it has to be at 180?c untill they are golden brown. SHake or wipe off the exces oil/fat, put on som salt (optional) and serve with mayonaise.

Greetings

Johan

Johan, you must be Belgian :D .

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Lou of former Shark Bar fame makes the most authentic Fresh Nathan's NY Style French Fries. I can not wait for Sharky's to open soon.

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
heldengebroed said:
Is it that obvious;)
The beef fat gave it away.
No nation takes so much pride in their french fries as the Belgians, and deservedly so. The Belgian restaurant in Santo Domingo surely must have had good ones, a pity it's closed now.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The mayonnaise did it for me.

Years ago we had a small fridge at work which was meant to be used for milk only. You know what those Brits are like with their tea.

We had a Belgian colleague who received a special dispensation from the boss (in the spirit of multicultural tolerance, because he had to have it for his chips) to keep mayonnaise in the milk fridge. He stuck a label on it with 'I can't believe it's not milk'. :)

I'm much more likely to put mayonnaise on my chips than milk in my tea, that is if I ever drink tea.