Thread: I Love It!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I Love It!

I declare! Rugby is now formally one of the topics that we may discuss on DR1. All of my old posts that moderators loved to delete referencing this topic, now need to be brought back to life!
    The DR just got clobbered in 7 a side in Barbedos! Does anyone even know what a rugby ball looks like in this country?
    http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport..._BARBADOS_.asp

Post Thanks / Like

Not my favourite sport, but I've noticed several cars out and about with bumper stickers proclaiming a love for rugby.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you mean "Barbados"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    The DR just got clobbered in 7 a side in Barbedos! Does anyone even know what a rugby ball looks like in this country?
    Don't know what a rugby ball looks like, but I can spell Barbados

Island Body
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    Darn'it Ken! Good intercept!

I grew up with Barbecues, Rugby, Sunny Skies and Chevrolet (before the US declared sanctions)!

"Believe it!"
    Post Thanks / Like

My best friend has been a rugby fanatic since college (26 years), and although I have watched many of his games, I still don't understand it! But I do know that rugby after-parties are some of the bawdiest I have ever seen!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Keith, you should've told me where the rugby parties are held since they're so "bawdy" as you like to call them.....a young man like me can't stand around doing nothing his whole life. I need activity. Maybe I'll do a rugby after party in the DR in December........

"Believe it!"
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jon S.
    Keith, you should've told me where the rugby parties are held since they're so "bawdy" as you like to call them.....a young man like me can't stand around doing nothing his whole life. I need activity. Maybe I'll do a rugby after party in the DR in December........
    Well, Jon, never saw one in the DR, in fact it's news to me that there is any interest at all in rugby there (lord knows how hard I had to search just to find football -- that's "soccer" to Americans -- while living in the DR). My best friend Larry used to play on UNC's team in college in late 1970s early 1980s, and I would go watch both the game and the after-parties. Lots of drinking, girls and singing, with some of the dirtiest ditties you've ever heard. [Always seemed to me that all the brew and revelry was to help them forget the bruises the games put on them!] He loved it so much, he continued to play even as a professor at another college in NC, then in Cairo, Egypt, then Boston, now the Army War College in Pa.

Regards,
    Keith