kid's place in Santiago

ada

Feb 2, 2005
Anyone have a "best" place for kids in Santiago?
Museum,playground,etc.
Thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Number one would be the Centro Español or the facilities at AMAPROSAN.
There is fútbol at Lasalle
There is minibasketball
There is the magnificent Centro Leon with tons of activities for kids.

There are martial arts schools like CAMO on Independencia 108 or CEAM at Plaza 2001 on the road to Gurabo.

There are clubs like Gurabito Country Club and Club de Conductores del Cibao

There are activities at the Centro de la Cultura, music classes at three or four different places...

All depends on how much of a soccer Mom you want to be.

HB:D:D:D

Sunshine and Raine

Nov 21, 2005
I want to visit, as a first timer, in Feb or March with my 4 year old. Any suggestions of "must sees" for someone his age? He loves music and people. Any suggestions of how I can help him get to know DR people, learn about your culture, etc and especially see/ hear live music? We are from US and I want to get as far from that as possible. Thanks

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
For original poster---

You might try the "Plaza International", on Duarte Ave., beyound Sadalaha, on the top floor (planta).
They have a "game pavilion" there that has all sorts of games for all ages.

Texas Bill

ada

Feb 2, 2005
Hillbilly said:
Number one would be the Centro Espa?ol or the facilities at AMAPROSAN.
There is f?tbol at Lasalle
There is minibasketball
There is the magnificent Centro Leon with tons of activities for kids.

There are martial arts schools like CAMO on Independencia 108 or CEAM at Plaza 2001 on the road to Gurabo.

There are clubs like Gurabito Country Club and Club de Conductores del Cibao

There are activities at the Centro de la Cultura, music classes at three or four different places...

All depends on how much of a soccer Mom you want to be.

HB:D:D:D

Soccer Mom all the way:)
I live such a hectic life in NY that when I live in the DR I want to be a soccer mom all the way. We are members of Amaprosan so they will of course participate in some of their sports/activities but will also join in some of the other ones you mentioned. Thanks alot. By the way, my kids will be by the time we get there 4 and 2 so I'm sure I will keep them very busy.
Thanks.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You might want to look into places like El NIDO in La Trinitaria. A wonderful Maternal.

Also, during the summer months there are "campamentos" that are great for kids and leave you some free time, too. :p:p:p

Four and two are a handful.....

HB :D