Sankies never miss a good opportunity

drminy

Nov 12, 2005
I was in Puerto Plata with my boyfriend on our annual trip. He is dominican (born/raised in NY) and whenever we go to the resorts he never gets good service. We feel like it's because he has money and goes to the resorts that the local dominicans don't like him as if he thinks he's better than them (not true). Or it could be that they figure since my man is dominican that he must be using me and why should he be the only one to get something out of me. But whenever he is at my side no one dares to talk to me. As soon as he walks away from me or i happen to be alone for the moment the men (sankies) are constantly flirting and never miss the chance to try to hook up with me. I find this disgusting and so disrespectful to me and my man. Although i am not dominican (soy mexicana) I figured being spanish would make them stay away since they tend to go after the young and presumably dumb white/canadian/german girls. But I guess sankies love anyone they think has money and could be their ticket out.

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Sankies believe in equal opportunity. Everyone is a target. By the way, you forgot to include the young, dumb (your words not mine) American, British, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, (et al) girls also...Canadian get such a bad rap on here.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Black, white, latina, asian, middle eastern - a tourist is a tourist. They don't only go for the white women, it just so happens the majority of the tourists are white, therefore majority of the women they go for are white. They have their special lines/moves for non-white women.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Syrita- I have a friend who went with his girlfrined a latina to the DR and he said the same thing. He went crazy becaue men kept trying to pick her up even thought she was with him.

They see you with a Dominican man and figure hey if he can get her so can I.

I agree it is very disrespectful, it just shows what kind of peple they are SANKIES for sure!!!!

From my experience telling them you have a boyfriend means nothing, they don't care. I've had married men try to pick me up, makes me sick yuk!! But there will always be these kinds of people around!

drminy

Nov 12, 2005
Sorry

A.J. said:
Black, white, latina, asian, middle eastern - a tourist is a tourist. They don't only go for the white women, it just so happens the majority of the tourists are white, therefore majority of the women they go for are white. They have their special lines/moves for non-white women.

Nelly said:
Sankies believe in equal opportunity. Everyone is a target. By the way, you forgot to include the young, dumb (your words not mine) American, British, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, (et al) girls also...Canadian get such a bad rap on here.

Okay let me rephrase what i meant about young and presumably (key word) dumb white, etc.!! I don't want to offend anyone. I just referenced my experience from what i've seen with my own eyes the few times I have been to the D.R. Sankies love all women tourists, they don't discriminate. lol!:classic:

Last edited:

Roberto284

Jul 2, 2004
your right !!

Syrita said:
I was in Puerto Plata with my boyfriend on our annual trip. He is dominican (born/raised in NY) and whenever we go to the resorts he never gets good service. We feel like it's because he has money and goes to the resorts that the local dominicans don't like him as if he thinks he's better than them (not true). Or it could be that they figure since my man is dominican that he must be using me and why should he be the only one to get something out of me. But whenever he is at my side no one dares to talk to me. As soon as he walks away from me or i happen to be alone for the moment the men (sankies) are constantly flirting and never miss the chance to try to hook up with me. I find this disgusting and so disrespectful to me and my man. Although i am not dominican (soy mexicana) I figured being spanish would make them stay away since they tend to go after the young and presumably dumb white/canadian/german girls. But I guess sankies love anyone they think has money and could be their ticket out.

I can relate to your story 100% ... its soo disrespectful. !!

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Music said:
From my experience telling them you have a boyfriend means nothing, they don't care. I've had married men try to pick me up, makes me sick yuk!! But there will always be these kinds of people around!

you can tell them that you are married and they will still try it on......so long as your partner isn't standing right next to you at the time then they don't care!!

what your husband/partner/boyfriend doesn't know won't hurt them.....so they tell me.....and what was the other line someone once told me.......oh yes......'the way I see it is if I were to visit your country I would want to experience everything......including the women......it's all part of the holiday.....you are on holiday now in my country.....so you need to experience the dominican men.......and believe me, once you have tried a dominican you will never want to go back ;) ' quote!

Daydream

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
daydream said:
you can tell them that you are married and they will still try it on......so long as your partner isn't standing right next to you at the time then they don't care!!

what your husband/partner/boyfriend doesn't know won't hurt them.....so they tell me.....and what was the other line someone once told me.......oh yes......'the way I see it is if I were to visit your country I would want to experience everything......including the women......it's all part of the holiday.....you are on holiday now in my country.....so you need to experience the dominican men.......and believe me, once you have tried a dominican you will never want to go back ;) ' quote!

Daydream

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: you made me laugh I almost thought I was in the DR again ;) Your right on I've hear all of those lines and more!!
That's why I find it sad when women fall for these Sankies it's unbelievable how pathetic they sound telling you all that crap :eek: and to think many women fall for it is scarey and disappointing.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
what makes an even better story are the married woman who go to the DR on their honeymoon and end up leaving their new husbands for a sankie.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
A.J. said:
what makes an even better story are the married woman who go to the DR on their honeymoon and end up leaving their new husbands for a sankie.

That's a sad and pathetic story. What some women do I just don't get it and never will?

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
it is very sad - what is worse is having to see the husbands off at the airport realizing what they thought was going to be their future taken away by the dream vacation they had planned with the love of their life.

Many of the women, just my opinion, were not completely there and not ready for marriage any way.

drminy

Nov 12, 2005
Music said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: you made me laugh I almost thought I was in the DR again ;) Your right on I've hear all of those lines and more!!
That's why I find it sad when women fall for these Sankies it's unbelievable how pathetic they sound telling you all that crap :eek: and to think many women fall for it is scarey and disappointing.

You're right it is sad when women fall for it. I think the majority of them fall for it only because most likely no one has ever been so nice or so expressive with their love so these women feel like it must be real and true. Little do the women know that these sankies run the same scam on so many and whoever falls for it is who they persue. Who in their right mind would actually believe that a man they've only known for a week could be in love with them?!?! Where is their common sense (and dignity)?!

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
These guys are good...lots of women fall for it. Just like people fall for conartists.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
Roberto284 said:
I can relate to your story 100% ... its soo disrespectful. !!

sorry.............but, i think if your name is roberto and the sankies are trying to pick you up (how else can you relate to the story 100%?), you must be going to the wrong sort of hotel altogether.

just in case.......i'd like to add that i have nothing against homosexuals.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
bochinche said:
sorry.............but, i think if your name is roberto and the sankies are trying to pick you up (how else can you relate to the story 100%?), you must be going to the wrong sort of hotel altogether.

just in case.......i'd like to add that i have nothing against homosexuals.

Maybe the reason he knows is because they've hit on his wife/girlfriend the minute he wasn't in view.

Don't be an ass

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Good for what?

Nelly said:
These guys are good...lots of women fall for it. Just like people fall for conartists.
I disagree ... they're not good rather, their victims are dumb ... doesn't make them good (or smart as you implied). :rolleyes:

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
shadInToronto said:
I disagree ... they're not good rather, their victims are dumb ... doesn't make them good (or smart as you implied). :rolleyes:

I'd have to agree with you I don't think the Sankies are really good, the women are not being very smart. I'm a woman but I'll say it.

I've heard it all and I laugh at them and tell them straight how it is. I tell them they can't love me, heck they don't know me. I always tell them don't worry you'll love another one next week when I leave lol They look at me and still try and I laugh and walk away. In a few minutes there they are at the next girl.

It's wrong what these Sankies do, but there are a lot of people in this world that will take advantage of you Sankie or not. It's up to you to be smart and have some self respect for yourself. I feel bad sometimes for these ladies but at the same time I want to hit them on the head and yell how stupid can you be!!! I know Sankies are sweet talkers but common sense is all it takes to know they are full of crap!

So they will have to learn the hard way, some people only learn the hard way unfortunatly it's life, live and learn!!

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Never underestimate a little sweet talk...

I found myself doing something I never thought I'd do... sweet talk a girl. I was a little tipsy, I must admit, but I still had all my marbles. I just felt uninhibited and decided to see where a little BS would take me, since it is something that I never engage in with women. I was shocked. A couple of compliments, a little undivided attention and BOOM!!! Off to the races. And I had no intention on hooking up with her until I realized how she was reacting so positively to my compliments.

This was not with a dominican girl, but a chica from Europe. She ditched her companion, who did not seemed pleased but I only saw him sneering at me as we were walking away.

So never underestimate a little sweet talk. It works wonders if the time and place are ideal.;)

MeDominican

Nov 9, 2005
Dominicans in Resorts

Syrita said:

Syrita,

Many Dominicans living in D.R. do go to the resorts/hotels, if not for a week, for the weekend, and there are also many Dominicans living overseas that never stay at a resort / hotel when visiting D.R. Many cannot afford it, and others would never think of doing so... They stay with relatives.

I was born in D.R. and have lived in the U.S. for most of my life and have stayed in resorts / hotel in D.R., and have always been treated respectfully / nicely...

One thing I always do is to always speak in my native tongue with my people and around them, even if they are fluent in other languages.

As far as your comment regarding the sankies and the women they hit on, I can tell you that they do not discriminate. They would hit on a Dominican woman as well (for a ticket to the U.S.) if given the chance. A lot depends on the woman.

Dominican women have been used (for a visa) just the same as other foreign women... and the D.R. is not the only country where this happens.

However, most of the Dominican women that have fallen for this have been very very young or have limited education, i.e. factory workers, etc. ( I could start a new thread on this).

They met the men in their old towns, airports, etc. Opportunists can be found anywhere, not just the resorts.

MeDominican

azuacanadagirl

Jan 24, 2005
But just how patient can a Sankie be?

OK I understand the subject well. I know how they go about attracting tourists with their lines and I've heard them all (been there, been dumb and I know it), but just how long will they keep it up? Aren't they loosing money calling and e-mailing (internet charges) after a while and wouldn't they just give up?