Favorite Bachata songs...

cabroncito

Oct 20, 2005
"cuando volveras" - aventura... and pretty much all aventura, anthony santos, raulin, and some others.

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
Un Beso by Aventura. Could there possibly be a better bachata song to dance to? :classic:

Actually, the entire Gods Project CD by Aventura is beautiful. Voy Malacostumbrado and Angelito are really nice as well.

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Antony Santos - Por mi timidez
Frank Reyes - Vine a decirte adios
Elvis Martinez - Maestra
Yoskar Sarante - La noche
Aventura - Cuando volveras
Raulin - Que vuelva
to name a few
Bartolomeo

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Bartolomeo67...

You must be a sentimental person. 'Por mi timidez' I never thought I would see that song selected on this board. Good for you! Your picks say a lot about you.

LDG.

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Favorites because of the lyrics

Some of my exclusive picks (just for the lyrics alone) include:

Antony Santos -

Corazón culpable
yo no quería enamorarme, no/ yo no sabía que iba a ser así/ creyendo en ella todo se lo di...

Raulin R-

Medicina de amor
Nereyda
Me pregunto por qué (one of his bests ever IMO)
Si yo pudiera

Frank Reyes- (this can be any song easily but I will choose a few) -

Tú eres ajena
Amor en silencio
Déjame entrar en ti
No te olvides de mí
Por ti voy a morir
Duele
Viviendo en la soledad

LDG.

Last edited:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Okay, I'll play too...

Raulin Rodriguez:
La Loca (w/Jose Luis Perales)
Y Llorare
Estoy Enamorado de Ti
Arancame la Vida

Frank Reyes:
All of Lesley's mentioned above, but have to add:
Mal Querida

Los Toros Band:
Como Te Olvido
Quizas Si Quizas No

Antony Santos:
Pegame Tu Vicio

Elvis Martinez:
Asi Te Amo

Monchi y Alexandra:
Hoja en Blanco
Quiero Saber de Ti

Aventura:
Ense?ame Olvidarte

Zaccarias Ferreira:
Siento Que Te Quiero

Alex Bueno:
Que Vuelvo

Fernando Villalona y Millie:
Perdoname

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Trina et al...

Pégame tu vicio is a given. That is one of A. Santos' most successful bachatas. As well, one of the most popular bachata hit singles of all time. I don't know if you know the controversy about this song and in fact anyone who bought the album that it's on - Enamorado at the beginning when it was released has the track Pégame tu vicio. Soon afterwards there were some recording conflicts and it was said that 'Antony grabó la canción sin permiso' therefore it was removed from the album. If you ever see this album now in the store track 4 is a merengue. If you happen to find an original copy it will have Pégame tu vicio.

IMO these kinds of lists are difficult especially if you know 'your' music and you have to narrow your choices but the lyrics in some these bachatas are incredible. I could easily add fifty songs to my list just because of the lyrics but I had to stop somewhere. For example Ay de mí, Ay de ti and Por qué lo hiciste are on my fabulous 50 list.

Have a great day-

LDG.

PD. I got your email and I will respond when I can do so without rushing. :classic:

Last edited:

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Lesley D said:
You must be a sentimental person. 'Por mi timidez' I never thought I would see that song selected on this board. Good for you! Your picks say a lot about you.
LDG.

Hi Lesley,
with most of the songs I selected above, I have some special memory of the DR attached to it.
Bartolomeo

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
Ok, it's an old thread,but...

Bachata es mi vida. The older bachatas of Antony Santos are my primary interest. Lyrics for any of his songs (unless they are recent) are hard to find on the internet.
My favorite song is Consejo de Padre and I would like to have the lyrics if anybody has them. I get most of it, but the finer meanings are a little out of my understanding.
Any help out there?