Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quality Street

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Quality Street

'Tis the season to be jolly - good will to all men etc. So, having bought a jar (and eaten them) I feel obliged to let you all know that National in Santiago has a stock of several big jars of Quality Street. Get there early!!

Simon

Island Body
    Post Thanks / Like

Will be there tomorrow morning!! WhooHooo!! Thanks for the heads up

Stay well,
    Amy

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Just curious as to the price compared with here at home. How much for Quality Street in the DR?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

You think I checked the price? I've really got no idea. Does it matter? If they were £20 a jar I'd still buy them! (Perhaps we'll keep that to ourselves)

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simon & Nicky
    ...... Get there early!!
    Simon
    i thought it may be worth adding this to your thread.......

i'll check again, but you can generally get them all year round in santo domingo in nacional, and if i'm not mistaken in carrefour as well.

...as well as, if memory serves me well, smarties (english versions), kit-kats (english versions), cadbury's chocs (english versions), black magic and maybe even all gold.

after eight mints generally show up about christmastime as do creme eggs (sporadically) around easter time.

one year, about 12 years ago a batch of real mars bars (black wrapper) came from somewhere, you could only get them from 'chiriperos'. after that they started selling 'metro' bars from turkey, which looked similar, but were quite a lot different (i haven't seen them for a while either).

isn't quality street part of nestle's now?
    it was originally part of the rowntree group as well wasn't it.
    a pity if true, i find all that nestle's stuff tastes more or less the same now.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Recently there was a special on Hershey Chocolate Almond Bars at Pricesmart. They were 8 pesos a piece. I bought several boxes. That was fun.

Island Body
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy
    Recently there was a special on Hershey Chocolate Almond Bars at Pricesmart. They were 8 pesos a piece. I bought several boxes. That was fun.
    YUK! eeeeew!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

carrefour (in santo domingo) currently has a complete "island" of the stuff, on the other side of the wine fair at the main entrance.

there are quality street (two box sizes - not particularly big - and no tins), black magic, dairy box (both small and large), loads of different kinds of after eights (which i didn't know they did), plus something called 'after eight straws'. the prices seem to range from rd$150 (after eights) - rd$250 (small quality street) to, i think it was rd$800 for the big black magic.

the only cadbury's stuff is the 'mr. big' bar.

i'm not sure how long they will last, but they are sandwiched between the hershey's and brachs 'islands', which should distract the chopos.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The supermercados in Puerto Plata are full of Hershleys, Quality Street, After Eight etc etc.

Quality Street, the big one, is around 450 pesos, small around 200 pesos.
    After Eight in different sizes and forms ( sticks, cakes etc ), 200-400 pesos.
    Hersleys in Santas, in trees, in "socks", from 75 pesos and up to much more.

Now is the time when there actually is ALOT to chose from!

Island Body
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDJones
    Stop STOP!! STOP TALKING ABOUT CHOCOLATE!!

hehehe, have I mentioned our new "Decandent Chocolate Body Butter"?

Stay well,
    Amy
    chocolatefreakoftheweek

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast