Quality Street

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
'Tis the season to be jolly - good will to all men etc. So, having bought a jar (and eaten them) I feel obliged to let you all know that National in Santiago has a stock of several big jars of Quality Street. Get there early!!

Simon

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Just curious as to the price compared with here at home. How much for Quality Street in the DR?

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
Simon & Nicky said:
...... Get there early!!
Simon

i thought it may be worth adding this to your thread.......

i'll check again, but you can generally get them all year round in santo domingo in nacional, and if i'm not mistaken in carrefour as well.

...as well as, if memory serves me well, smarties (english versions), kit-kats (english versions), cadbury's chocs (english versions), black magic and maybe even all gold.

after eight mints generally show up about christmastime as do creme eggs (sporadically) around easter time.

one year, about 12 years ago a batch of real mars bars (black wrapper) came from somewhere, you could only get them from 'chiriperos'. after that they started selling 'metro' bars from turkey, which looked similar, but were quite a lot different (i haven't seen them for a while either).

isn't quality street part of nestle's now?
it was originally part of the rowntree group as well wasn't it.
a pity if true, i find all that nestle's stuff tastes more or less the same now.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Recently there was a special on Hershey Chocolate Almond Bars at Pricesmart. They were 8 pesos a piece. I bought several boxes. That was fun.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
carrefour (in santo domingo) currently has a complete "island" of the stuff, on the other side of the wine fair at the main entrance.

there are quality street (two box sizes - not particularly big - and no tins), black magic, dairy box (both small and large), loads of different kinds of after eights (which i didn't know they did), plus something called 'after eight straws'. the prices seem to range from rd$150 (after eights) - rd$250 (small quality street) to, i think it was rd$800 for the big black magic.

the only cadbury's stuff is the 'mr. big' bar.

i'm not sure how long they will last, but they are sandwiched between the hershey's and brachs 'islands', which should distract the chopos.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
The supermercados in Puerto Plata are full of Hershleys, Quality Street, After Eight etc etc.

Quality Street, the big one, is around 450 pesos, small around 200 pesos.
After Eight in different sizes and forms ( sticks, cakes etc ), 200-400 pesos.
Hersleys in Santas, in trees, in "socks", from 75 pesos and up to much more.

Now is the time when there actually is ALOT to chose from!

TimInDR

Jun 4, 2005
www.prestigecarrentals.com
amy2761 said:
hehehe, have I mentioned our new "Decandent Chocolate Body Butter"? ;)

Stay well,
Amy
chocolatefreakoftheweek

Oh... oh... let me just say that I am one of the lucky ones who has experienced the Decadence of this body butter....

mmm mmm mmm........ I'm not sure what the intended use is... but it's got lots.

Do it. Do it now.

Tim

(who doesn't know what quality street is, but is perfectly happy in his ignorance, and really IS satisfied by a snickers bar.)

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Right JDJones...Dawnwil is so right!

And...can you imagine this on someones body.... smooth as silk, creamy as chocolate.... as TimInDr said... the intended use is unknown, and it has alot of....
well... you imagine..

bang.jpg

Last edited:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
OK, our formulating chemist has helped us formulate a 'lickable' version of the chocolate body butter. We're waiting for a few ingredients to ship in, and then, we'll make it.

No, we're not competing against Quality Street :classic: This is in a niche of its own. Now, let me go and get me some of that Quality Street before it is all gone.