Personal Trainers

Mario

Sep 26, 2004
Anyone know of any good personal trainers on the North Coast that can whip someone into shape with intense workouts. Whats the cost and contact info? Thanks!

Mario

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
American Gym in POP provides this, as well as the Gym on Calle Kennedy.
A monthly pass is around 300 pesos.

Mario

Sep 26, 2004
American Gym

Hi Carina,

Can you tell me more about the American Gym in POP. Where is it? Do you know how much the personal trainers costs? mario

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Mario said:
Hi Carina,

Can you tell me more about the American Gym in POP. Where is it? Do you know how much the personal trainers costs? mario

It is located downtown, any driver knows where it is.
Owner speaks English.
Both locals and expats goes to this gym.
Costs would depend on the needs, no one can say that in advance, as it depends on needs, time etc etc

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
This applies more to Sto Dgo area members. How much are the monthly membership fees for Gold's Gym and Body Shop? Just wondering since my DR friends haven't responded back to me (gosh, idiots!!!) although they go to those gyms every day. Maybe I'll pay in advance.

joecanada

Jan 15, 2004
Mario,

Give some thought to taking up one of the Martial Arts Classes on offer as an alternative (or supplement) to your regimen.

Roger Walser teaches a pretty intense Bujutsu class in POP, which will burn the fat off you. Oscar Zazo (13 time Spanish national champion, 7 time European Champion, Bronze in the World's, former head instructor of the Dominican National team) teaches Karate in Sosua, and there are Brazilian JuJitsu classes on offer at Golden Park Gym in Sosua.

Any of those three will whip you into shape right quick, especially if combines with a sensible weight training and diet management program.

Best of luck, and congrats on not waiting until New Year's to get cracking!

Joe

TimInDR

Jun 4, 2005
www.prestigecarrentals.com
joecanada said:
Mario,

Give some thought to taking up one of the Martial Arts Classes on offer as an alternative (or supplement) to your regimen.

Roger Walser teaches a pretty intense Bujutsu class in POP, which will burn the fat off you. Oscar Zazo (13 time Spanish national champion, 7 time European Champion, Bronze in the World's, former head instructor of the Dominican National team) teaches Karate in Sosua, and there are Brazilian JuJitsu classes on offer at Golden Park Gym in Sosua.

Any of those three will whip you into shape right quick, especially if combines with a sensible weight training and diet management program.

Best of luck, and congrats on not waiting until New Year's to get cracking!

Joe

I second this recommendation. I find it much more entertaining that the usual work-outs at the gym. I have been doing the Roger Walser course (www.bujutsu.com.do) in Puerto Plata (1,200 pesos per month, but free trial to see if you like it). It kicks my butt, but I love it. I've also heard good things about the classes at Golden Park Gym, but have no personal experience. I also think it is cheaper.

I was a member of the gym on Kennedy in Puerto Plata. It's great for just 'back-to-basics' lifting. It's very elementary, but they've got what you need to do a good work-out. Good crowd, great people. I was the only gringo, but that was never an issue.
Very cheap. American gym was a bit more the one time I checked, but they have a nicer/cleaner/brighter atmosphere.