Hillbilly & Easygoin & Santiago Orphanage

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
I have it from a very reliable source that most recently Easygoin from DR1 and Hillbilly took upon themselves to rebuild the swingsets at an orphanage located here in Santago. The swingsets were out of service like so many things here in this country. Now imagine how much fun those children are having. I can't think of a better way to do something good for children. Easygoin, Hillbilly - your good deed could not go unmentioned. You are an example to be followed.

daddy1

Feb 27, 2004
I agree

Cudos to you fella's for this kind gesture...your post are always honest and informative..and I can see by your writings that despite the countries problems you really care for Dominican's deep down inside...if only kindness there were contagious..oh well see ya D1;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Thanks Snuffy, but this was mostly easygoin's thing. JAFO helped us with a great set of DEWALT tools.

Easygoin' brought down some of those brightly colored swingseats and we got a bunch of chains and new bolts over at Ochoa (with a discount, mind you). and the work went fast. The best thing was to see the kids lining up to take their turns on the swings. They only got to do 10 swings before the next one's turn...I think that there are some photos coming of this.

The Albergue Infantil Santiago Apostol is the oldest of its kind in the North of the country. It is run by some really dedicated people.

All I did was coordinate the efforts and sweat a bit. This was Easygoin' show.

HB:D:D:D