What will I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

**princess

Oct 31, 2005
Hoping to move to Bavaro before christmas,

Just wondered.... Is is necessary for medical insurance? and Personal insurance and household insurance..

I would have assumed medical is a must! Just wondered.. a bit of advice please..

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Whether or not to have insurance is a personal decision.

Medical insurance can be handled in two ways: If you have insurance now in your country, and if it covers you when living out of the country, you can keep it. That is what I do. I pay the doctor bills and send them to insurance company for reimbursement. The other option is to buy insurance here. A number of companies offering a variety of plans are available to choose from.

You should have insurance on your house/apartment/condo/villa if you are the owner. Best to have insurance based on replacement cost. Insurance on the contents is also available if you want it.

Not sure what you mean by personal insurance.

If you have a car, you must have insurance on it, especially to protect you in case you are involved in an accident and the other party's car is damaged and/or somebody is injured.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
With the reasonable cost of Dominican Health Insurance (I pay RD$ 705/month) it is well worth the peace of mind to have it. In the event you become ill and need to be admitted to a private clinic, without Dominican insurance, the first issue will be how are you going to guarantee your bill and place a deposit on it. Once you front the clinic the few thousand dollars deposit, you surely can expect the bill to be at least that amount. My last hospitalization, which was for a week, with Dominican insurance resulted in me having a balance to pay at discharge of only RD$200 (around $6.00).

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
**princess said:
Hoping to move to Bavaro before christmas,

Just wondered.... Is is necessary for medical insurance? and Personal insurance and household insurance..

I would have assumed medical is a must! Just wondered.. a bit of advice please..

Your just as dumb as they get.... first you love a sankie, than you learned your lesson, now you wanna move to Bavaro where it's all resorts ???

Seriously your the biggest Idiot I've ever seen post

wendy_s

Oct 26, 2005
Is this for real?!

la_barbie said:
Your just as dumb as they get.... first you love a sankie, than you learned your lesson, now you wanna move to Bavaro where it's all resorts ???

Barbie, I couldn't have said it better myself! :laugh:

Princess, get out of your fairytale world and check back into reality!!! Isn't there another thread you started not too long ago called "turn out for the books" with you proclaiming you've learned your lesson, yadda, yadda, yadda?!

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44948

I've read all your posts and I don't know whether I should take pity on you or that a member of the female species could be so stupid that I should be ashamed for being a woman? Well, forget the latter since many women are fabulous and smart enough not to make the same mistakes over and over like you have. I don't know what it is...I don't like to make assumptions but it seems to me like you crave A LOT of attention and you post here for n other reason than that. The only thing is that it makes you look really, really dumb. No offense but if it were one of my girl friends, I would slap her silly!

Princess, I don't mean to be harsh...I actually defended someone else who posted here about her and her Dominican man and how others were being too harsh on her but with you, it's endless. It's your life and your decisions but man, when you go on an open forum and repeatedly show just how much of an idiot you are, then you deserve all the negative responses you get.

I really hope you figure your sh*t out and good luck to you.

W.

Baby Girl

Sep 23, 2005
Barbie & Wendy I couldnt have agreed with you more on those 2 posts.
Princess how do you go from one minute learning your lesson and not moving down there, to posting on another hread saying you want to move there?
Just as Wendy has stated, the only reason that has come to my mind is for attention.
Honestly look at yourself and realize how stupid you sound. You come onto this forum, with what sounds like bs to me and then get mad at everyone who tries to help you or the people who see right through what your saying.
It is your choice what to do, but if you make the wrong one dont come running back to this forum adding another posts about how everyone was right all along. Do what you want, but someday i hope you realize why everyone thinks this is pointless reading your posts and writing back.

Good luck with whatever you chose, but please at least be realistic and get some common sense.

*Baby Girl

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
you guys are harsh. first of all, the bavaro area is becoming more and more like a town with all the condos and restaurants popping up outside the AI's. but she should be warned that the cost of living is much higher there, the amount of jobs available much less, she will need transportation like a moped or a car, etc. she should have at least 3-6 months worth of money to live in case she doesnt find job.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Welcome to the land and man of your dreams

**princess said:
Hoping to move to Bavaro before christmas .. a bit of advice please..

Waste of time.
Reality is best for you.

m'frog

P.S.:
A bucket full of cold water, will not stop a bitch in heat, right?

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
I don't mean to be rude

Princess I'd say you need the best medical insurance possible what with being pregnant. Also make sure you have loads of free cash ... it ain't gonna be like England where you get free medical attention on tap.

What are you thinking of - this just doesn't make sense in your situation

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Oh yea I forgot the ho was knocked up ... or is, who knows what stories she's going with now... probably lost herself in the mess.. STUPID

Angel_04

Sep 20, 2004
Ay dios, Miss Princess!!! just when I thought--"that girl finally got her act together"... you go and start posting about moving there BEFORE December!!?? Have you lost your mind? Let's be realistic, you are moving there ALONE, pregnant and without any support... you don't have good odds on your side. Oh, I know you've been to Western Union... He took you back right?? :tired: What is the story here?

Does your mommy know what you are planning? Sheeeeesh.

Grow up. Life in the DR for a single, pregnant young lady without any REAL support is going to be really hard... you are in for a rude awakening baby.

You're gonna need more than LUCK this time.

truematch20

Nov 24, 2005
shame on you Princess

All the people in the Dominican that would give anything to try life in the UK, US, Canada or anywhere with better oppurtunities and you wanna move there because what? The guys are hot and pay you lots of attention? You feel like a Paris Hilton when your there, rich and famous? LOL. COME ON! Bavaro beach is gorgeous theres no denying that but its for vacation once or twicw a year, if you could just realise that and enjoy and have a blast when your there with whatever hot DR guy you want and seperate it from reality........trust me in your own street you wouldnt look at these guys twice just as when your living on their street they wont be looking at you what with all these fresh bus loads of tourists arriving weekly!

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
reowwwwwwwwww

i love a cat - fight rrrreoowwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! put the claws away girls.

i do agree though, that anyone caught without insurance is ignorant to what life can dish out unexpectedly

God-almighty, the above written dialogue almost made me spit my brugal rum into my pool i wanted to laugh so hard!

bi

Last edited:

**princess

Oct 31, 2005
Seriously your the biggest Idiot I've ever seen post[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I appreciate that! I'm not going to be with him, and I'm not as stupid as all of you think. I Have a job there, and I'm going to work for a year in a beautiful country. Wasnt asking for your opinion on whether i should go, just what i would need! If you dont like what I'm doing, why give a comment?!

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
**princess said:

Thanks, I appreciate that! I'm not going to be with him, and I'm not as stupid as all of you think. I Have a job there, and I'm going to work for a year in a beautiful country. Wasnt asking for your opinion on whether i should go, just what i would need! If you dont like what I'm doing, why give a comment?![/QUOTE]

Hi Princess

What job will you be doing? Have you asked whether health insurance is included?

From my own research it looks to be much cheaper to arrange health insurance once in the DR....as opossed to getting in the the UK with a company that offers overseas cover.....especially if you are going to be there for a year. That's what I plan to do anyhow.

Daydream

**princess

Oct 31, 2005
Yea, unfortunatly, health insurance is not covered. Thanks, thats what i thnk i will end up doing!

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
**princess said:

Thanks, I appreciate that! I'm not going to be with him, and I'm not as stupid as all of you think. I Have a job there, and I'm going to work for a year in a beautiful country. Wasnt asking for your opinion on whether i should go, just what i would need! If you dont like what I'm doing, why give a comment?![/QUOTE]

it's a forum... i'll comment if i wish !

BTW are you still knocked up, or what's the new story there ??
Who knows... maybe she'll tell everyone that the kid came out after a bowl of bran !

What kind of job do you have in Bavaro ?? Standing on a corner and telling stories for a living and claiming your self employed ...

You brought it upon yourself on this board with your non sense stories... I just love how within let's say a 2-3 week period.... You LOVE him, Than your Over him and learned your lesson (AS IF) and than you wanna move there for a JOB ???? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Your so full of S*$& ....

Your "truly" (Sorry Angel_04, I know that's your word) showing everyone that your a compulsive liar.... grow up !

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Girl stay where you are until you have enough money to last you many months. $ I suggest $5000 US. If you are pregnant stay where you live until the baby is born. Better citizenship in the end. I agree with all the others. You must be very young with no skills for employment. If I'm wrong - I'll apologize now, but it does not look good for you.

wendy_s

Oct 26, 2005
Alright, I'll try to be nicer!

**princess said:

:tired:

Princess, you have to understand that with all the sh*t you've said in this forum, it really is hard to take anything you say seriously. Try to go back and read all your posts and step out your box or fantasy world for a sec...anyone reading them would most likely come to the conclusion that it's a whole load of BS. Can you see that?!

You said you've learned your lesson before but obviously you didn't. Maybe you do need to move to the DR and experience firsthand what it's really like. It's not as easy as you think and maybe you'll figure that out and somehow you'll finally step back and see things for what they really are. Learn a good lesson the hard way and stop all this nonsense.

And on another note, stop being selfish and only thinking about yourself...what you want, what you need to do, etc. IF (and I say IF because I don't know if that's even true) you are pregnant, please stop making this about "ME, ME, ME" and think about that baby you have on the way. What kind of life will you be providing for that child when you are in the DR? So before you make another rash decision, seriously take a time out and really think about what you're doing...be rational. If you are set on this then atleast be really prepared before you take off:

- Make sure that job you have waiting is really there and legit
- Have enough money that you can live of off for a few months until you get settled and have a paycheque coming in (will that be even enough to support you and your child - what kind of job are you gonna be doing anyway?)
- Get medical/health insurance for you and that baby coming
- Have money put away so that if it doesn't work out, you can go back to your home
- Make sure you stay in contact w/ your family/friends at home so you atleast have some sort of support when you need it
- Don't get involved with a sankie(s)...have more self respect woman!

Life obviously won't be as simple or easy, especially for 'someone of your calibre' (LOL :rolleyes:) who doesn't seem to know what you're doing...but 'tis their own. The DR sure is a beautiful country but if you don't have the resources and the means to live there, then it ain't that pretty!

Once again, good luck to you!

And just curious, you've probably mentioned it at some point, how old are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.