Banking with Banco Popular

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Last week I had an issue with an ATM machine here in Puerto Plata. I bank with Banco Popular at their new offices. They have a drive thru ATM machine, which I attempted to use very very early one morning. When I tried to make my withdrawal, I got a message saying I had exceeded my daily withdrawal allowance. I knew I hadn't.

So later in the day I went to the bank to speak with my banker. She asked me to test the other bank machine which I did with the same results. She helped me withdraw money via the teller without standing in a very long line up.

When we checked my online banking it showed a withdrawal being made of 10,000 RD, from the ATM machine, which of course didn't happen.

Banco Popular had the problem resolved and the money back into my bank account within 24 hours! I cannot tell you how impressed I was with the service I received!

We read all the time about the hassles of living here but sometimes we need to hear the good stuff too!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Thanks for posting this.

I think that the BPD officials would like to see this, too.

:D:D:D:

HB

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Must have been............

............a FLUKE.................

See if it happens twice in a row!

:cross-eye

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
POP Bad Boy said:
............a FLUKE.................

See if it happens twice in a row!

:cross-eye

Hehe.. but this was the Torre Alta office... when I have visited there on several occations, every issue have always been quick and professionally solved.

The 5-year old doesn´t work there..:surprised ( she is the reason I desided to switch bank as well )