Current costs of 3.6K Invertor pls.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Not sure how much a Trace inverter would cost, but I got mine built by a guy who has his own little company in Cotui. It is the same exact configuration as yours and it cost me 21,000 + batteries which were 2600 a piece (If I remember correctly). I think Mr. Mike would be the guy to ask.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Asking MrMike where to get it may be the best idea.
Although he no longer sells them, I suspect he will know where to get the best deal.
The last time I checked, the 3.6 k was over $1,000 US.
I would guess $40,000 RD, plus batteries.

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Mine (NOT TRACE) was 42,000 Installed in Gasper Hernandez with the best service I have ever received. Street Lights where I live were really bad and fried my Charger. Only 400 pesos to Pick it up, repair it , return and re install. ALEXIS INVERSORS 809-785-2591 Actually I Bought a 2.5 AND a 3.6 for my Business.

Joe

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Look guys listen up!

How many times has Rocky told you? Trace / Xantex (or whatever) make Invertors. The others are almost all over-priced glorified battery chargers. The thread asks for Trace - Let's find him what he wants.

If I asked for chalk why would you find me cheese?

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
I always like to explore all of my options. Trace is expensive. You pay for the name and the advertising ......I am sure they can decipher the difference since I made it clear that it wasnt Trace. I Dont see any contribution here by you other than negative critism. Are you really that bored? Butt out

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
That´s a good thing to explore all options, but it was not the question in the OP.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
jojo2130 said:
Trace is expensive. You pay for the name and the advertising
Without getting involved in any arguments, if I may give my opinion on Trace & the imitations.
Having lived here for 15 years, owning 6 or 7 different inverter brands myself and indirect experience with many other "no name" brands, I can honestly say that despite all the hype & testimonials about other brands, they never live up to a Trace/Xantrex.
Not only can they not supply the same power per rating, they are not as efficient, nor reliable.
Furthermore, the lack of versatility in adjustments to suit one's exact needs, make you waste money in many ways.
One example of the problem with the imitations, which, for the most part do not have charge rate adjustments, one could not use a small generator, as I have, to supply power when the batteries are exhausted, and put a trickle charge in at the same time.
Not having an adjustment for switchover voltage can also be costly & inconvenient.
If the unit switches over at 95 volts, for example and you're only getting 92, which is quite frequent around here, you would have to run off your batteries and eventually exhaust your back up power.
Conversely, if one needs the full 110 for a given situation, let's say to run a washing machine, one can adjust the rate to not allow the power to drop below a certain level for the needed period of time.
Not having a discharge protection control, can also be inconvenient at times.
If you have no generator to back up your inverter and you run down to the protection level, on occasion it is nice to be able to turn it off, and squeeze a bit more power out of the batteries.
At that point, one goes into super conservation mode, but can get a few essentials running, like a fan or a light, for hours more, until the power comes back on.
I could go on, but I hope that the point is made that buying the cheaper locally made units lands up costing you more in the long run, not to mention a lot of inconvenience.
The whole idea of having an inverter is for convenience.
Otherwise, everybody would be using generators, as they are a lot cheaper to buy per watt of output.