LIVE!. . . .from Sosua. . . .

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
OK we have the stream up and running. I will leave it on pretty much all day. I can't promise it will be more than a boring static camera but will try and pan around a bit and maybe get some DR1 legends to mug for the camera after they are drunk etc.

Right before the auction I will temporarily take the stream down to set it up to record an archive so people that missed it can chek it out. . . . .dawn. . . .lol.

Rumor has it we are over $5,000 already with the auctio and that rocks!

http://www.dr-tourist.tv/webcast.html

That is the link to view the stream. Let us know how it looks. I have seen some problems with opera browser and in even fewer cases FireFox but if you use IE you should be good to go!

I know Jan will watch all day and I hope you all are jealous that we are here sucking down ice cold Presidentes. . . . .even if it is raining every damn day;-)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Coming through loud and clear Rafael. ;)

Watch what you say people, you can be heard.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
It may be here. Eddy has a PC viewing the stream and displaying on TV and that may be bogging us down. I will look into it and if it is I will ask him to shut it down. Thanks for letting us know! We are sort of running blind here if we can't view the "live" strem without causing problems.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Am I missing something? There are some images of people on the page but are these the webcast? No sound.

hifiman

Jul 13, 2005
I,m sitting here at work in a snow storm watching this and it,s making me so jealous I want to jump on the next plane out of here.
Can you scan out on the street and really send me off the deep end.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
We are doing some tweaking as the stream keeps hanging. I have stepped down the bandwidth a bit and we'll see if that helps. You guys are our eyes and ears so keep us informed of any problems etc.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Robert just showed up and so did. . .Cris Colon. . . .cccccccccc. . . . .
Badpiece just walked in. . . .I haven't met many DR1 members so I am not the best to keep track of this. . . . lol. . .

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Mine is great. Eddy, you still look like a stud!:classic:

Oh, how I long to be there...

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
trina said:
Mine is great. Eddy, you still look like a stud!:classic:

Oh, how I long to be there...

THAT is exactly why I started posting videos online. . . . .for people that have been here to remember how much they miss it and for those that have never been to get to see a tiny bit of what we like about this whakcy country. . . .

. . . .speaking of whacky. . . . .everyone's favorite whacky paki is here now. Escott and I have a little "surprise" planned for everybody's favorite lover of UBHs. . . . .;-)

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I am on my 3rd presidente already and got back to my hotel at 5:30 am last night so after a few more beers. . . . .the video might start getting blurry and shaky. . . . .I'll be sure to toast you guys on the next one. . .lol

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I do see a 'countdown till webcast' - anything I need to do to see the actual thing?

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
what web browser?
Some people have had problems with firefox. . . .myself included. It works in IE, Netscape and sometimes firefox. Only tried once in opera and didn't work. Robert couldn't view in firefox on the mac. . . .

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
rafael said:
THAT is exactly why I started posting videos online. . . . .for people that have been here to remember how much they miss it and for those that have never been to get to see a tiny bit of what we like about this whakcy country. . . .

. . . .speaking of whacky. . . . .everyone's favorite whacky paki is here now. Escott and I have a little "surprise" planned for everybody's favorite lover of UBHs. . . . .;-)

I truly thank you for doing this...I know it's a pretty thankless job and a lot of work, but it means a lot to people like me...nostalgia... Maybe I should call a couple of Angel's cousins to get over there, and I can at least see them...but then I'd probably have to cry, and since I'm still at work, I can't go there.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Chirimoya said:
I do see a 'countdown till webcast' - anything I need to do to see the actual thing?

Chiri, mine opens up right away, and I can see everything. I don't know much about computers, but maybe a firewall is blocking yours?