Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Recording Studio / Record Lables

Maybe someone could help me locate a recording studio or record lable in Santiago. I have an American music producer (J-Money Productions / Hip Hop ) that would like to meet contacts here to produce for or work with local rap artists.

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
    Post Thanks / Like

You asked this question yesterday with no response - are you going to post a new one daily until you get one?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

There are alots of studios for both video and audio all over the island.
    Go to yellow pages ( www.paginasamarillas.com.do ) and start calling them.
    Most performers here, do their recordings in Puerto Rico and Miami though, from the moment they can afford it.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I am sending out some inquiries.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey man, if you are looking for a recording studio here in Santiago the best one I know of just closed up and left town.

There are a few others still going though but I can't recommend them, mostly using software based systems, mixing in the box, etc. Generally in Santiago the studios will be geared towards recording traditional Dominican music and/or Jazz and so there's not alot of savvy for handling loops and things like that, but I assume since its rap that you can handle your own loop construction and your just looking for someone to slap vocals on, right?

Even at that you are going to find few studios with proper mics and vocal booths, a cardboard refrigerator box for the vocalist to stand in and sm57's/58's are going to be the norm.

If youre still interested PM me for contact info on the better ones.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I will.