Power In Puerto Plata? C.D.E.

L

Larry

Tonight I called the C.D.E.( power co.)to ask how long I could expect to be with out power tonight, to my great surprise they not only anwsered the telephone but they gave me an explanation! They told me that Puerto Plata has only one generating station providing power and that for the time being they will be alternating power every four hours until the other one is up and running again.. Believe it or not!

L

Lori

How long has it been alternating 4 hours on 4 hours off and for how much longer do they expect it to be this way?

L

Larry

Lori

If you are thinking of comming here to the D.R. for a vacation.. This will not effect you if you are staying at one of the major resorts equipped with generators, This problem only effects us locals here.

L

Lori

Larry, I have a place in Costambar and travel back and forth every few months. I am coming home for Christmas and was wondering what was up. I left in September and things were great then. What happened.

N

noelle

Power in Puerto Plata... not only Puerto Plata... the problem exists in all of the D.R. Until we have a serious company, we will suffer from power black out... Instead of telling us the truth they give us excuses... I believe that we ought to look after our own power supply... it may be expensive but at least we know that we will have electricity when THEY decide to pull the plug... Sorry this is the Country.. Sofy's B&B

P

Perry

This company is very serious about working with the DR's power problems. The system they use not only produces power, it does it at a profit instead of a loss, like the DR is currently doing. See the attached link.

Perry

P

Perry

Here is the link.

<A HREF="http://www.clearstation.com/cgi-bin/bbs?Cmd=post&post_id=276299&Refer=/cgi-bin/drill_open_positions">http://www.clearstation.com/cgi-bin/bbs?Cmd=post&post_id=276299&Refer=/cgi-bin/drill_open_positions</A>%3FPortfolioName%3DMy%2BStocks