Flight Santo-Domingo/Puerto Plata ???

Krystale

Feb 20, 2005
Hi, I want to know if somebody know if have flight form Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata?? And if yes, with wich company and what's the price ?

Thanks

nadira

Nov 25, 2005
I think there might be a flight from POP to SDQ but I was told not to bother. Apparently the flight is about $250 USD, but one can take a bus (either Caribetour or Metro) for about 250 pesos or less than $8 USD.

Good Luck!

Jun 5, 2004
Its just for the poeple that do not have in what to spend money which does not apply to anyone here. (I think) a bus ride is much more fun and much more cheaper.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
apdomini100max said:
... the poeple that do not have in what to spend money which does not apply....

???

If there were flights by the time you got to the airport and queued up and went through the formalities and so forth you could nearly be there on a nice A/C bus for 1/30th the cost which is probably why there is little interest in this type of service. Compared to the supposed Punta Cana - Santo Domingo flights which would be faster than the bus options which are less organized than the north/south Metro and Caribe routes.

By comparison there is a non stop 5 hour train between Toronto and Montreal that is often faster than flying since the train is downtown to downtown and the airlines one hour flight can take the same 5 hours in total from outside of downtown to outside of downtown.

At some point if Metro or Caribe catch on to the number of people flying into the wrong airports to save money maybe they can set up bus routes in the south shore.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i would most definitely do the bus ride...something that i want to do some time. By the time it takes you to check in and out of the airports you can enjoy the scenic ride thru the interior of the country no? I dont think you will save too much time flying if that is your concern.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
You would save a ton of time since you'd have to wait for an airline to start up , buy planes, take reservations and actually fly you out of there.