Golf in Playa Dorada

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Don't know exactly ........

but this should be the number for the golf club office: 809-320-4262.

Hope that helps.....

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You can probably have more fun if you come to Santiago! And save money.

There is a guy up there that is bringing a bunch of golfers down here every week...They seem to like it, that's for sure.

If you feel like playing on a Sunday or a weekday after the 1st of December. send me a PM and we can set it up...

HB :D:D

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
HB is the man

BUT... don't let him fool you... on he can't hit the ball, because an old man.....TRAP;) ;) ;)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Just THINK what he could do with a decent set of clubs though easygoin!! If he paid out for the heads & built his own he wouldn't have to keep borrowing 'Big Dog' & might even get used to 3 or 4 decent metal woods to improve his game!!

Still, he DOES produce a good breakfast on Sunday mornings!!! ~ GWB.

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Hillbilly said:
You can probably have more fun if you come to Santiago! And save money.

There is a guy up there that is bringing a bunch of golfers down here every week...They seem to like it, that's for sure.

If you feel like playing on a Sunday or a weekday after the 1st of December. send me a PM and we can set it up...

HB :D:D
Hi Hillbilly: What does a round in Santiago cost? Is a caddy mandatory? Do they have annual memberships and if so what is the cost? Thank you so much for the information...tom

Snowbird

Jan 17, 2002
Select Your Caddy

Stormer,
If you want the name of an excellent caddy while in Playa Dorada, please ask for Jorki. He does a great job. My wife and I have used him for the past 10 years.

Enjoy your Dominican experience :)
SB

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
twhitehead said:
Hi Hillbilly: What does a round in Santiago cost? Is a caddy mandatory? Do they have annual memberships and if so what is the cost? Thank you so much for the information...tom

The great man himself will doubtless be on shortly to give his comments but I believe a round for 'Non' Member is RD $800 (US $25) YES they have annual mebership & HB will doubtless advise on that. As WELL (or instead of as you determine best for your needs) you could consider FedoGolf (a sort of association of golfcourses here in the DR) who charge RD $5,000 per annum & this includes 1 FREE game at 6 courses (maybe more in 2006) PLUS special rates at 12 courses throughout the country - Santiago rates for FedoGolf members is RD $600.

No caddies are NOT mandatory, but highly recommended for the first few rounds at least. Heck, at RD $400 or so between two of you, it is NOT too much to help feed a caddy's family for a couple of days!!

Do a search on 'FedoGolf' in the search function for some good posts & information by Bo!! ~ GWB.

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
[ As WELL (or instead of as you determine best for your needs) you could consider FedoGolf (a sort of association of golfcourses here in the DR) who charge RD $5,000 per annum & this includes 1 FREE game at 6 courses (maybe more in 2006) PLUS special rates at 12 courses throughout the country - Santiago rates for FedoGolf members is RD $600.

Do a search on 'FedoGolf' in the search function for some good posts & information by Bo!! ~ GWB.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Bushbaby. I have inquired about Fedogolf. They have informed me that unless you have your cedula you cannot sign up for Fedogolf. ie no tourists. Too bad but a fully understandable policy.

With or without Fedogolf, that is a cheap round of golf. Haven't been able to find much info on this golf course. Any links? Membership info? Thanks tom

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hummmmmm, us po' folk in Santiago ain't so partikular as to who is or who isn't...

Anyway, I think that you can get a FEDOGOLF card if you are here. For any resident that plays golf it is a very good deal:
You get a free round of golf (only pay for cart and caddy--if required) at the following
BArcel? B?varo-- no blackout days
Bonao -- no blackout days
Cocotal -- from April to October
Teeth of the Dog (Diente de Perro) -- April to October
Dye Fore -- April to October
Guavaberry -- April to October
Jarabacoa -- No blackout dates
Las Lagunas (outside Santo Domingo--the National Golf Course)--Monday thru Friday only, but no blackout except Sat and Sun...
Links (Casa de Campo) -- April to October
Metro (Guayacanes) -- April to October
Playa Dorada -- May to October
Playa Grande -- June -- October
Punta Cana -- April to October
Santiago -- No blackout days

Membership at Santiago Golf Club is RD$5D00 + RD$4000 for one year dues.
You do get reduced rates at some of the other clubs.
No caddies are required. You can walk, if you are in shape. Carts are RD$400.
Beer is cold and cheap. Folks are sort of nice.

HB :D:D:D

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Hillbilly said:
Hummmmmm, us po' folk in Santiago ain't so partikular as to who is or who isn't...

Anyway, I think that you can get a FEDOGOLF card if you are here. For any resident that plays golf it is a very good deal:
You get a free round of golf (only pay for cart and caddy--if required) at the following
BArcel? B?varo-- no blackout days
Bonao -- no blackout days
Cocotal -- from April to October
Teeth of the Dog (Diente de Perro) -- April to October
Dye Fore -- April to October
Guavaberry -- April to October
Jarabacoa -- No blackout dates
Las Lagunas (outside Santo Domingo--the National Golf Course)--Monday thru Friday only, but no blackout except Sat and Sun...
Links (Casa de Campo) -- April to October
Metro (Guayacanes) -- April to October
Playa Dorada -- May to October
Playa Grande -- June -- October
Punta Cana -- April to October
Santiago -- No blackout days

Membership at Santiago Golf Club is RD$5D00 + RD$4000 for one year dues.
You do get reduced rates at some of the other clubs.
No caddies are required. You can walk, if you are in shape. Carts are RD$400.
Beer is cold and cheap. Folks are sort of nice.

HB :D:D:D

Thanks so much Hillbilly. Sounds like very cheap membership dues. How would one buy Fedogolf without a cedula? Thanks again...tom