Planning a trip to Isla Catalina and Saona

redberry

Jul 30, 2004
I am trying to make plans to go to both Isla Catalina and Isla Saona (not necesarily in the same trip). The travel agencies charge so much money for these excursions, which I am told, are basically trips to the beach. Does anyone know how to get there and if its possible to arrange tours on your own? I am sure there must ne a way. For example, when I went to Samana last year to see the whales, I realized that there was no reason to do so much planning ahead, because there are so many boats and going out twice a day that were cheaper than what travel agencies quoted. Can you find the same deals at these islands?? Thanks!!!

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
Have check it with locals travel agencies?, in the case of Isla catalina you can?t arrange directly a trip there and I guess is the same with isla saona.

I was 2 times in Isla Catalina and was great trip.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
redberry said:
I am trying to make plans to go to both Isla Catalina and Isla Saona (not necesarily in the same trip). The travel agencies charge so much money for these excursions, which I am told, are basically trips to the beach. Does anyone know how to get there and if its possible to arrange tours on your own? I am sure there must ne a way. For example, when I went to Samana last year to see the whales, I realized that there was no reason to do so much planning ahead, because there are so many boats and going out twice a day that were cheaper than what travel agencies quoted. Can you find the same deals at these islands?? Thanks!!!

I got the following spam yesterday. There's an interesting one day all inclusive excursion to Saona island for less than US$ 30 per adult (half for children).

http://img500.imageshack.us/my.php?image=excursionesnacionalesnov5bu.jpg