Electronic parts store in Santiago?

Aguayo

Oct 11, 2003
After the burglars visited my finca the other day (unsuccessfully, but they should be glad since they are still alive...) I decided to put some cameras more for surveillance (I have only one now).
It seems the typical night camera is infrared capable and its sensitivity is related to the number of infrared leds it has (some cameras have dozens of leds).
Now, my idea is to add some infrared leds more to the cameras, to make them see better.
I know where to buy leds on the Internet (http://ledsupply.com/) but I would like to be able to buy electronics parts here (like diodes, a board, relays, etc.).
Is there any good electronic parts store in Santiago?

Thanks in advance,
Ben

P.D.
After I finish my project I will let you know how it works.
I will connect my 4 cameras to a quad multiplexer, so I can see/record all video feeds at once in my TV or a computer screen (using a Hauppage Win/TV Card).

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
There are lots of them. Try the paginasamarillas.com.do

Don't know what good it will do you to know what the thieves look like though. I have a buddy who got some decent shots of thieves with a webcam as they stole his solar panels, absolutely useless.

Aguayo

Oct 11, 2003
MrMike said:
There are lots of them. Try the paginasamarillas.com.do

Don't know what good it will do you to know what the thieves look like though. I have a buddy who got some decent shots of thieves with a webcam as they stole his solar panels, absolutely useless.

Thank you for the link, it is more convenient than the paginas amarillas in printed form.
Just because there are so many electronics stores in Santiago I was asking for advice about some good ones, but I guess the best way would be to phone some of them before going there (since I live near POP) to be sure they have the stuff I need.

I know the cameras are no good to stop or capture thieves, but I want to use them if somebody lurks around in the middle of the night, when I'm inside the house, like the thieves did the other night.

Ben