Price on building a house

Jun 5, 2004
My friend just bought about 310 meters of land and he was wondering how much (about) will it cost to make a house with 3 bedrooms sala marquezina teraza galeria comedor and all those things. he would also like to prepare the house so that it can hold a second plant on top. The most important question is 310 meters enough? what would be a reasonable price?

billyidol

Banned
Feb 9, 2004
According to my builder colleague in pop $350 per sq metre..for a basic tiled house with bottom of the range everything up to $600+pmetre
if you have a 10*12mtre house plus the 1 metre you must have surrounding the house you should have only used 140metres of your land give or take a few metres, and you can always build up if you need too

Last edited:

yasmin

Jun 16, 2005
just a small detail: if the house is 10 x 12 metres and you must have 1 meter surrounding the house, then you used 168 m of the land.

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
I was told that for a "normal" house (whatever that may be) you should count 200.000 pesos for material and as much for labour. (This was in march 2005). But with everything in building: the sky is the limits. I've seen an appartement of 80 m? (in belgium) with a paintjob done to it for over 75.000 ?

Greetings

Johan

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
yasmin said:
just a small detail: if the house is 10 x 12 metres and you must have 1 meter surrounding the house, then you used 168 m of the land.
How'd you figure that?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
HOWMAR said:
10x12 with 1 meter surround added on each side =12x14=168
Wow! I really am geometrically challenged. Until I drew the picture I thought adding a meter on each side would bring the dimensions to 11X13.

abe

Jan 2, 2002
"Normal house"

A definition of normal would indeed be important to this discussion.

Using the information on this board up til now the cost of the house described in detail would be $42,000 US. But using 400,000 RD for the "normal" house, that comes to only $12,500US.

Other posts in recent months quoted $500 per sq. meter in Bavaro up to $900 in Cap Cana.

So, what are costs in Cabarete right now with the boom going on, please?

Sep 19, 2005
why would you have to pay $350 -$600 per metter for the "SURROUND"...its pure concrete slab..no tile no electric no plumbing, no trim, no paint!

bob

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
I'm a bit baffled. I have done some real estate projects in Belgium. I know the prises over here and i know the way to calculate things.

In Belgium a standard house, including dubble glazing, isolation, electricity to power a whole village in the RD, bathroom, installed kitchen heating etc will cost you +/- 1250$/m?

If you know that in Belgium you've double walls, isolation etc which means more material cost and hours work (especialy if you know that the outer bricks are quit small) and if you know that 1 manday will kost you about 300$.

The price off 350$/m? in the DR is outragous

It is roughly 1/4 off that in Belgium with:
- a labour cost that is roughly 1/20.
- half of the materials off witch you would need in Belgium

The maths don't seem to work here

Greetings

Johan

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
heldengebroed said:
I'm a bit baffled. I have done some real estate projects in Belgium. I know the prises over here and i know the way to calculate things.

In Belgium a standard house, including dubble glazing, isolation, electricity to power a whole village in the RD, bathroom, installed kitchen heating etc will cost you +/- 1250$/m?

If you know that in Belgium you've double walls, isolation etc which means more material cost and hours work (especialy if you know that the outer bricks are quit small) and if you know that 1 manday will kost you about 300$.

The price off 350$/m? in the DR is outragous

It is roughly 1/4 off that in Belgium with:
- a labour cost that is roughly 1/20.
- half of the materials off witch you would need in Belgium

The maths don't seem to work here

Greetings

Johan

Labour costs being 1/20 of the Belgian does not mean you will get the same profesionalism, quality and speed you?ll get in Belgium.
Material, while available is marketet in a much less competitive way or environement... you can already see this in Spain... we order doors and windows form Germany to get it a) at time, b) in the sizes we ordered them, c) in a real world quality and d) CHEAPER than in Spain for a would be similar quality (that includes transport).
In construction, and I think I don?t have to tell YOU that, you will know that organisation and a as smooth as possible flow of things is have your profit... not really a specialty of Latin countries.

... J-D.

Maggie6872

Jul 18, 2005
New development between Perla Marina and Cabarete

Does anyone have any further details on the builder or development that is going up between Perla Marina and Cabarete? I have not heard of the builder before but would like something similar to Perla Marina's set up with a nicer beach.....maybe this new development is right up my alley....

Thanks,
Margaret

mrmagic

Nov 25, 2003
sorry i should have said if you build your house against 2 boundaries your only effectively needing 1 metre around 2 sides of the house thus 12 metres+10metres =22mtr + the house (10*12)120 = 142odd metres. my apologies for my earlier post its very clear your on top of your game!

yasmin said:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Funny thing, I just asked my builder friend what costs wre these days and he quoted me that cost would be between 15,000RD$ pesos and 20,000RD$pesos per square meter, for top level work. But no marble floors...

Apartments are a bit more per sq.mt.....

As for preparing the place for a second floor (planta) there will be an additional cost in the base (zapata) and in the cost of the support columns..
Any good civil engineer can give you an estimate on that.

HB :D:D:D

Sep 19, 2005
a square meter has 10.56 square feet in it.....so a 3,000 Square foot house has 284 square meters in it . So at 20,000rd per square meter the 3,000 square foot house would cost 5,680,000 pesos or at 33pesos per dollar, $172,121.....does that sound right?.............for one floor thats a big house. I would think it would have to include several bathrooms if at the high end of the price per sq meter........bob