how to get to camp david from santiago

joseinoa

Jan 20, 2005
hi i was wondering does anyone know how to get to camp david from the city of santiago. ive heard its tricky to get to and dont wanna get lost. thanks in advance.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Fly to Washington DC and then Marine One , the President's helicopter takes you right there.

Or you can search the posts here and get this for the Dominican version;

It is quite easy. When you come into Santiago, immediately start keeping your eyes open. A few blocks down, you'll see a sign on your right hand side, pointing to the left for Camp David. The sign sometimes is obscured by trees, so keep a very sharp watch. I don't know the name of the road, but on the left hand corner, is a gas station (Texaco) and the left hand turn curves sharply around the gas station. Take the turn to the left and follow the signs from there. It is well signposted. Just don't miss that first sign.

The number is 276-6400

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
I believe this is the sign to which Ricktoronto refers to in his post:

3181_3.jpg

joseinoa said:
hi i was wondering does anyone know how to get to camp david from the city of santiago. ive heard its tricky to get to and dont wanna get lost. thanks in advance.

You get on the road toward Puerto plata thru the mountain (Carretera Touristica) at the beggining of this road you will see the " Hache " building you will go up the hill and see a texaco station on your right side immediately as you begin uphill, This is important because at the 3rd Texaco Gas station you will go thru the gas station and out the back side, then you will follow this roadaround till you reach some apts under construction, make a left and keep going on this road for about 1/4 mile and you will see a sign for Camp david Ranch 1 mile up the mountain. Enjoy your stay I love it there to relax for a night or 2. If you like to see Santiago from your room request rooms number 5 or 7 my favorite is 7. Camp Davids # is 809-276-6400

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The Carretera Turistica, mentioned above, is actually the continuation of Bartelemi Colon. Estrella Sadhala is the name of the street where the Hache is, at the corner of Bartelemi Colon. At this intersection, you head North, away from the downtown area.
When you cut through the Texaco station, mentioned above, you continue to head North, in the same direction you were already heading. Within a 100 yards or so, the road bends right, heading East, and shortly thereafter, you will see the sign, posted above, then your homefree.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
This is for those coming from Santo Domingo

Directions for getting to Camp David for folks coming from Santo Domingo.

1. One of the first check points is the Army fort, Fernando VAlerio. This is on your right, just past the pyrimidal construction of the new hotel, also on your right.
2. Your next check points are a series of stoplights, starting at the fort, then three lights for residential areas and finally a fourth light right by a Shell station on your left. You want to get to the center or the right hand side of the road.
3. About 200 yards after that fourth light, you bear right, and continue for about 400 yards, looking to bear off to the right following the sign to Puerto Plata. There is a large multiplex cinema on your right, called Hollywood 7. And there is a traffic light 100 yards further on. This is Ave. Estrella Sadhalá. Stay to the left lane of the Avenue, you are going North. You take the Avenue, using the elevated road, past McDonalds and the Nacional supermarket on your right, to the next light, where you use the right lane.
4. You turn right. This is in front of HACHË a large Ferretería. This is the Luperon Tourist Highway.. You follow this road past a Texaco station on your right, a Shell station also on the right , and then there is another Texaco stationAgain, on your right..Pay attention, we are going to do something very Dominican. You enter the Texaco station but you go thru the station (unless you want to buy gas), and out the back side, turning left. This is a little road that will take you to the entrance to Camp David, about 400 yards on your left.
5. After you turn left off the little road onto the entrance road, you follow your nose to the top of the mountain…can’t go anywhere else…
6. if you get lost or confused, please call me:
a. Cell: 809 640 3200