budget accomodation on the North coast?

mne01

Sep 5, 2002
Hi

I'm coming in to Puerto Plata on Thursday afternoon, looking for a budget place to stay and relax a bit for 1-3 nights before heading to the capital. The hotel Castilla in Puerto Plata seems like a decent budget option. Any other suggestions? If there's a pool I might consider paying a little more than Castilla's really low rates (is it still only RD200???) but it still has to be b-u-d-g-e-t, i.e. no more than 700 pesos. It doesn't have to be in PP, but anywhere within short distance from the airport (like sos?a and cabarete) works fine.

Maybe you know of any webpages where they list accomodations without an economic interest of their own?

Thanks!

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Only one with pool in POP is Puerto Plata Beach Hotel on the Malecon.
It is 1.100 pesos.
Other hotels in POP city are all around 800-1000 pesos/night.

mne01

Sep 5, 2002
carina said:
Only one with pool in POP is Puerto Plata Beach Hotel on the Malecon.
It is 1.100 pesos.
Other hotels in POP city are all around 800-1000 pesos/night.

Including the Hotel Castilla??? A couple of years ago it was 150-200RD...

(btw, judging from your name, are you swedish? i know i am...:classic: )

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
carina said:
The prices there haven?t been updated for years..
If it has been a few years, perhaps the peso prices are lower now now that the peso is so much more expensive.:nervous:

Of course, this being the DR, as the peso got way more expensive, numerous peso prices went way up.:eek::ermm: :surprised

mne01

Sep 5, 2002
Malibook said:
Of course, this being the DR, as the peso got way more expensive, numerous peso prices went way up.:eek::ermm: :surprised

Yeah that doesn't really make sense, does it?
Thank you guys! Don't hesitate to come up with even more suggestions.