Cheapest ride from POP to Superclubs Breezes Puerto Plata

Tilley

Nov 28, 2005
Superclubs Breezes Puerto Plata

I'm flying into POP on December 2nd. I've been reading alot about the taxi prices & also the option of having someone meet us at the airport. Wanted to know if anyone had any ideas on what I should reasonably expect to pay to get to Breezes Club. Thanks.

Last edited:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
If you booked AI with a tour rep, you shouldn't have to pay for the transfer from the airport to your hotel. Ask the Breezes if they supply transportation if you didn't book AI. If you've never been to the Puerto Plata area, you're actually landing closer to Sosua than Puerto Plata. The Breezes, I believe, is between Sosua and Cabarete, probably about a 20-25 minute drive from the airport. Due to the fact that taxi rates change often due to inflation and gas prices, I really have no idea what the price is right now, but I'm sure someone from the area will be able to tell you the posted price. Good luck and enjoy!

Tilley

Nov 28, 2005
trina said:
If you booked AI with a tour rep, you shouldn't have to pay for the transfer from the airport to your hotel. Ask the Breezes if they supply transportation if you didn't book AI. If you've never been to the Puerto Plata area, you're actually landing closer to Sosua than Puerto Plata. The Breezes, I believe, is between Sosua and Cabarete, probably about a 20-25 minute drive from the airport. Due to the fact that taxi rates change often due to inflation and gas prices, I really have no idea what the price is right now, but I'm sure someone from the area will be able to tell you the posted price. Good luck and enjoy!

Thanks for the info, it's my first trip to the DR and I'm just trying to have things run smoothly.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Have a fantastic trip! If you know nothing about the DR, you've started in the right place. There are many helpful people on this site that will be happy to answer your questions.

Tilley

Nov 28, 2005
I've already learned so much from this site, it's excellent! If anyone has heard good or bad about Breezes, please respond. I've heard mixed reviews.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
mne01 said:
Are there any gua-guas from the PP airport to Cabarete?
Not from the airport itself. You have to walk out to the highway that passes by the airport (about a 1/2 mile walk from the terminal). Passing every 15 minutes is the guagua marked "Puerto Plata-Rio San Juan". Probably 20 pesos per person to Cabarete.
BTW, taxi prices are posted in dollars as you leave the terminal. Taxi price for airport to Cabarete is probably around $20 for up to 4 people. Larger vans are available for 50% more.

mne01

Sep 5, 2002
HOWMAR said:
Not from the airport itself. You have to walk out to the highway that passes by the airport (about a 1/2 mile walk from the terminal). Passing every 15 minutes is the guagua marked "Puerto Plata-Rio San Juan".

What side of the road are they on if you're coming from the airport?

mne01

Sep 5, 2002
thanks wiseguy

Clever, indeed... :tired:

Originally Posted by mne01
Are there any gua-guas from the PP airport to Cabarete?

Anyone else?

Last edited:

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
mne01 said:
What side of the road are they on if you're coming from the airport?
To head to Cabarete from the airport you must cross the road and head East.