Shipping to DR

Vickyrola

Nov 30, 2005
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and wanted to post my brother's company website. The office is located in NY, but they service the tri-state area. Ck out the website for more information.

http://www.mateoshipping.com/

It is a family owned business and very reliable. If you call you can ask for my sister Raquel or Martha.:classic:

Vickyrola

Nov 30, 2005
Oh good point.... I will talk to my sister and mention that to her. They will be updating soon so I'm sure that it's coming. If you need information in English right now, feel free to call and speak with them.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Vickyrola said:
Oh good point.... I will talk to my sister and mention that to her. They will be updating soon so I'm sure that it's coming. If you need information in English right now, feel free to call and speak with them.

Thank you for your message. Have a good day! :classic:

THE GAME

Jul 13, 2005
www.nydailynews.com
Vickyrola said:
Yes this is the Mateo shipping in the Bronx :)

how do one get the boxes to ship food/clothes?
does the shipping co (mateo shipp) provide the boxes free of charge?
do they inspect the contains in the box when i take the boxes to them?

thnx

ps...

also, today i tried to go to mateo website and it directs me to another
website called www.ibonao.com why is that?

Last edited:

Vickyrola

Nov 30, 2005
I'm not sure how the whole thing works actually. My two sisters are basically the admins of the office. My brother recently bought over the company ( I haven't even seen the office yet :0) I do know that they pick up the things you want to send if you cannot drop them off.

About the website: That is very weird!! I was just on the site yesterday and it was fine, but today it's taking me to ibonao.com.. have no idea but I will bring that to their attention ASAP!!

Thanks!

Vickyrola

Nov 30, 2005
Update about the site: I spoke to my sister and they seem to be updating the site, which is why it is not available right now. She'll let me know when it's up again.

yaco17

Dec 27, 2005
shipping to DR

Vickyrola said:
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and wanted to post my brother's company website. The office is located in NY, but they service the tri-state area. Ck out the website for more information.

http://www.mateoshipping.com/
It is a family owned business and very reliable. If you call you can ask for my sister Raquel or Martha.:classic:

I send tanque comida very often to DR. I recently tried Frank Express Inc., located also in the Bronx, and sent a tanque on Nov 2,05 hoping that it will arrive at least by Christmas. I have called and called but keep getting all sorts of excuses. I am still waiting for the comida to arrive in Bonao. I was last told (4th time with a different excuse)that it will be delivered on Monday Dec 26. It was not and no one even bothered to call back. I hope your family has better service and is more tactful. Good luck!

negrecita2003

Sep 23, 2003
yaco17 said:
I send tanque comida very often to DR. I recently tried Frank Express Inc., located also in the Bronx, and sent a tanque on Nov 2,05 hoping that it will arrive at least by Christmas. I have called and called but keep getting all sorts of excuses. I am still waiting for the comida to arrive in Bonao. I was last told (4th time with a different excuse)that it will be delivered on Monday Dec 26. It was not and no one even bothered to call back. I hope your family has better service and is more tactful. Good luck!

Yaco, what is the cost of sending one of these tanques? Also, what type so food do you send?

yaco17

Dec 27, 2005
negrecita2003 said:
Yaco, what is the cost of sending one of these tanques? Also, what type so food do you send?

The cost was 100usd for the tanque + extra 50lb arroz and 5gl oil. I sent canned goods,100lbs rice,oil,soap,1g mayo,powdered drinks,beans,toothpaste,
ketchup, cleaning goods,laundry detergent & softner,children vitamins,paper goods etc. I purchase items on sale, at costco, dollar stores, etc. The savings and food quality is worth all.
I will not use this company Franks Express Inc ever again. I have previously used Cargo Express Del Caribe Inc, also in the Bronx, and they were very good.

Vickyrola

Nov 30, 2005
I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience shipping your things, especially during the holidays! I have heard from my sister that various cargo from all different shipping companies is held up in aduanas in DR. I know for sure it's more that one company. We all know how they can be in DR and they're giving them such a hard time! They just don't want to let the merchandise go. It's really not the shipping companies fault, but they should have more tact in dealing with their customers and to better explain the situation.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
yaco17 said:
I will not use this company Franks Express Inc ever again. I have previously used Cargo Express Del Caribe Inc, also in the Bronx, and they were very good.
So why did you switch to Franks if you were happy with Cargo Express?

yaco17

Dec 27, 2005
Vickyrola said:
I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience shipping your things, especially during the holidays! I have heard from my sister that various cargo from all different shipping companies is held up in aduanas in DR. I know for sure it's more that one company. We all know how they can be in DR and they're giving them such a hard time! They just don't want to let the merchandise go. It's really not the shipping companies fault, but they should have more tact in dealing with their customers and to better explain the situation.
I visited Franks Express in Bonao on Sanchez St. to get to the bottom of this saga. I got him to show me the documents from the shipping line. The container arrived Santo Domingo on Dec.10! After a long conversation and him trying to avoid the issue of why they haven?t delivered the goods, I finally get to the truth. The company in NY has not put up the money to get out the container. They obviously do not have the dough. So why are they in business and going to end up screwing a lot of people. Keep you posted as to what happens.

Jan 5, 2006
Stay away from a place in the Bronx called "El Malecon Shipping" as I had a similar or worse experience than Yaco's. I've been using Montero Shipping after that and I'm very satisfied.