Does Anyone Know of La Casa Rosada?

JHT

Mar 30, 2004
I am looking to donate some money to a children's orphanage in Santo Domingo. I have heard of La Casa Rosada which is an orphanage for children with HIV and AIDS.

Before I send money I would like to know if anyone knows of this agency and whether it is a real charitable organization in Santo Domingo. How can I be sure my money will be well spent? I was hoping to send it to provide for a nice Christmas party for all the children with lots of food and holiday cheer.

Does anyone know if this is a legitimate organization and could I stipulate the money be used for a Feliz Navidad Party for the Children? Do you know the best way to send funds to this organization?

Is there someone at La Casa Rosada who speaks english that I could contact?

atienoor

Mar 8, 2004
Go AHEAD

Casa Rosada is great.

Donated stuff this past Easter. No one speaks English there as far as I know. PM me and I will give you the name of whoever we contacted and their phone number.

Way to go

Ant

Feb 1, 2002
By All Means Send Money

They are a legitimate charitable organization in the Dominican Republic run by the Catholic Church. You can call them and tell them what you would like to do and they will make sure it is done.

Next time you are here I encourage you to stop by and check it out for yourself.

JHT

Mar 30, 2004
But where do I send the money and to whom?

Thanks Ant and Atienoor for your responses and confirmation that they are a viable charity. I am still looking for an address, telephone number and contact at this charity so I can send the money. I do not speak spanish and I was wondering if someone knew anyone there at the Orphanage that does speak English that I can speak with and send the money.

I also need to know if a personal check will do or if they need a certified bank check or if there is a way to send it electronically via a credit card or some way that would be more convenient. I just received my Christmas Bonus and would like to donate as much as possible to these children. I am planning on trying to visit the next time I get to the DR and to leave them with another contribution but right now it is not possible for me to travel due to health problems from a motor vehicle accident with a drunk driver.

If someone can get me this information as soon as possible I would greatly appreciate it. I feel so sorry for these children and wanted to try to brighten their holiday season.

Many Thanks to both of you.

mb2

Mar 2, 2005
They are indeed a legitimate charity, with about 50 kids under their care who have been abondoned and all HIV positive. They have a website or you can go visit them on Ave. Venezuela (thats East of the Ozama in Santo Domingo). They are run by Nuns and supported by the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul.

http://www.zenbizness.com/CASA/

whoopy

Jun 15, 2011
Casa Rosada is a 100% legitimate charitable Organization

They are a legitimate charitable organization in the Dominican Republic run by the Catholic Church. I have been donating to the institution for over 4 years. I just got back from the Dominican Republic, I when to visit them. I sent my money donetion to my mother who is leaving in DR for years now, and she take it to them. I also send cothes to them via my Mother. Please help this children, they need us. If you have any questions or need any info to help this children please contact me via email. I speak spanish. On behave of all the children at Casa Rosada, Thank you for your support. May God Bless you all.