Any tile/marble companies in DR?

tileman

Dec 1, 2005
Can't find any through a search. If anyone has contacts I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Tileman;)

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
tileman said:
Can't find any through a search. If anyone has contacts I would appreciate it. Thanks Tileman;)

Why don't you get it ex quarry yourself? There's a marble mine in Azua (take the road to Monte Rio beach, and from there on up the winding road (La Vigia hill) to the active quarry. Great white marble! A few years ago, a truck loaded with huge marble blocks, upon encountering the steep incline on the road known as El N?mero, at a place called Hatillo, had to abandon a huge block of white marble that seems good enough for a Pieta or two. Too bad no aspiring Michaelangelos around...

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
Going to the quarry is not a good solution....

....go to the folks cutting it in the "capitol"...much better solution. There are a # of clors available. Marble, Travertine, coral limestone. Problem is that with so much cost in transportation that it often is not a "great deal" over some of the marbles being imported into countries from China. Now if you are talking about white coral limestone (not the red/white with lots of holes variety found in the capitol) as tile and other items then you want to look "towards the east" of the country....

I know some of these folks very well.....

Best, Dave