Andrea is out in DVD

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Andrea, the first and only dominican horror movie is out in DVD, unfortunately only in black market, pirated version. once again the pirate industry releases the new movies sooner than the motion picture studios. this is the first time I am actually seeing pirated DVD movies in DR. Most street venders sell pirated Cd music of famous artists everywhere without any objections from the authorities but this is the first time these people are acting bold enough to sell pirated DVd movies and concerts on the streets of santiago.
I was walking on calle san luis with corner of restauracion st. (entrance of el encanto dept. store) when I saw a whole collection of Dvd movies at display. The movies were all recent hollywood releases and much of it were concerts ex: mana, bachata, britney spears and other top artists, live in concerts (DVDs). Then I saw Andrea in a professional looking casing. At first I thought it maybe original but upon up-close inspection, I had realized that it was a copied version.
So folks, andrea is out but only in pirated version. The quality is just as good as the original DVD.
I, later, made a stop to DVd rental place, Mr. movies, to ask if they have the original version of andrea in stock. I was told that they have no idea when the movie will be out. This is when I informed them of the pirated version of the movie with the street vendors. They told me that the authorities are informed and this business will stop. lets see, I doubt it.
AZB

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I´ve seen this coming alot lately in POP as well...Now the vendors have cd´s in one bag and in the other DVDs. Alots of music DVDs as well.
All pirate copies, here around 200 pesos.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
DVD's have been on the street in Santo Domingo for the past 6 months or so.
RD$80-100 is the going rate.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
In POP as well for around 6 months, but prices are higher.
CDs are down to around 60 pesos each, but DVDs are still around 200 pesos.
Some music DVDs are cheaper, around 100, but not movies.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
they are asking 200 pesos in santiago but will settle for 150 (at least for andrea). Andrea seems to be a hot seller so they won't go below 150 at the moment.
AZB

May 31, 2005
OH gosh. Everywhere I went people were watching the Andrea DVD in their homes. I don't really like horror movies.