Santiago Suggestions Please

mikeyone

Apr 16, 2003
Hi, anyone know about the nightlife around the Monument Area in Santiago especially on weekends etc. Is it safe for Tourists to be there at night time. Friends thinking of visiting there soon. Thanks.. M.

nlove88

Aug 12, 2005
There is this good resturant/bar/club right next to the monument on the other side of Calle de Sol (Las Carratas I believe). I forget the name of it, other than the fact its an indoor/outdoor place decked out in christmas lights and it is literally right across the street from the monument. They have good music and around 6-7 at night, they have a DJ come in who plays good music and projects videos onto the big screen above the dance floor. Good food and a fun place.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
This place is called Ahibar. Go there at night and have some drinks while you check out beautiful people. Its not on calle del sol nor on las carreras. just ask anyone near the monumento area and they will point you in the right direction. there is a huge tree covered with christmas lights.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
AZB said:
This place is called Ahibar. Go there at night and have some drinks while you check out beautiful people. Its not on calle del sol nor on las carreras. just ask anyone near the monumento area and they will point you in the right direction. there is a huge tree covered with christmas lights.
also, no dance floor.
So if you want to "get down & boogie" you can try the spot across the street.

nlove88

Aug 12, 2005
Ricardo - I don't think were thinking of the same place. The place I'm thinking about is called "Resturant M...." I just forget the last part.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I was in Santiago for one night 11 Dec., went to Montezuma and all the bars around Monumento (for food and drinks). As it was Sunday night it was very quite around there (although lots of street parties above near and around the main monumento). But a couple of blocks further down the street I found some bars with lots of down to earth locals dancing and drinking which I found more interesting. As it was my first time and only one night, just watched and have a few drinks and moved on.

One thing you notice immidiately in Santiago (and I guess in DR) is that they like their music VERY VERY loud over there !?

Generally speaking on Sunday (day and night) there was no tourists in Santiago, saw a few on Monday morning though.