Viva Cabaret - Teatro El Cibao

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Some friends of my wife put a play together.

It will be showing at the Teatro Cibao in Santiago, It's called Viva Cabaret. It's a comedy that deals with Prostitution and the Dominican nightclub scene. The cast actually did extensive research interviewing different working girls to get background for the play (not that it was much of a stretch for many of them)

It will be playing on the 16th and 17th of December.

copiadefotosdelaobra001.jpg

Mario

Sep 26, 2004
Can you please provide more information. Where is the theater exactly and how do I get tickets & costs? Do you know what times the show wil be? Thanks! Mario

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Tickets are 350 pesos, you can buy them at the theater, which is right next to the monument. Show starts at 8:30 PM. lasts about 2 hours with an intermission.

The Theater in Santiago is kind of a formal high society (and wannabe's) thing, most people will be in formal dress so if you don't want to feel out of place dress anywhere between business causal and suit-and-tie. Air conditioning was working when I went so you'll only sweat a little.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Yea...it is playing in December. I went by the theatre to ask what is going on for the holidays. They look at me and say Viva Caberat. I say...yes but for the holidays? For Christmas? Their answer...Viva Caberat. Strange culture. A play about prostitution at Christmas time.