Blackbeards adultresort Costambar Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablo

May 4, 2005
Here are the details of my bad experience in Barba Negra:
Normally I would not publish all this online!
First of all I want to say that I worked there 2 weeks as assistant-manager a couple of months ago. I left the place because I could not offer enough security to the customers. I spoke to David(the man ) and I decide to leave without complaining and going back from time to time to have a couple of beers. The time I was there the owner(John) was not there! And there was an armed robbery one day around midnight. A couple of days later a US citizen that lives in DR and that is wanted by American police came there and left without paying. I know that now because I did research after I left the place and it was not me took his reservation. Because the office is badly situated and they have confidence in their clients, this happened. Also they do not want a security to protect the place(their problem)but it is not going to be the last bad things that will happen over there. This about my time working there.
After that I went 3 times back to have a couple of beers with my dominican friends and the first 2 times I had no problems with nobody. Why should I have problems if I left quietly the place and the only thing that I had is a more friends that I made there. Still I had not seen the owner.
Last Sunday we entered their around 8 or 9pm. We had a couple of drinks and one of the girls invites us to go to the second floor to see a sort of show and we went upstairs. There they told us that it was a show for the customers and that we could not see the show. That Dominicans cant see the show. We react very surprised and I decided to call for the person in charge because U worked there and that was not the politics when I was there and then came the famous John telling me some lies. First of all he could not tell me why Dominicans could not see the show and then he completely went nuts offending me to I had sent him an e-mail complaining about my job and the resort what is not true. Why should I do that? I had no reason. I asked him to see the e-mail but he could not show me because there is no e-mail. So because we are civilized we left the place. But he still was insulting me and my dominican friends. We left and the day after I sent an e-mail to the place before publishing my comments on the internet and because i did not receive a reply I decided to put the post. Because all people have to know what happened when drunk people start to insult innocent and paying customers. Because eacht time we were there they had no problems with us. I have to give a compliment to the bartenders and some of the girls because they apoligized the behaviour of the owner. But they warned me about his behaviour(when I was working there) when he drinkd his daily dose of Presidentes. But now I witnessed this. And I am very disappointed in the place and I am not going to recommend people to go there.
These are the facts, so now you dont have to delete the post
:angry:

yaidani

Feb 23, 2005
I wonder why its so hard for anyone to believe that a resort could be discriminating against dominican people?

I have experienced such discrimination firsthand. Just last Spring, my husband was nearly thrown out of a Hilton lobby while waiting for my parents, who were guests of the hotel. Security wouldnt believe him and they assumed that he was there to make trouble. (But why were they questioning him anyway when he we sitting there quietly, not bothering anyone?) Management didnt even have the manners to apologize for their error.

Now I have never been to Blackbeards, but I believe the OP when he says that he has been discriminated against.

Possibly the owner of this particular resort is a great guy with certain guests, that doesnt mean that he couldnt possibly discriminate against others. That's the thing about discrimination: Its selective.

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
disgruntled (ex) employee.............

.....................as if i've not heard that one before.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Is it discriminiation if the hotel management doesn't want non-registered guests upstairs to see a "show" by one of the "girls"? Yet you complain about a lack of security.
Is is discrimination against Dominicans when the OP isn't a Dominican?

yaidani

Feb 23, 2005
HOWMAR said:
Is it discriminiation if the hotel management doesn't want non-registered guests upstairs to see a "show" by one of the "girls"? Yet you complain about a lack of security.
Is is discrimination against Dominicans when the OP isn't a Dominican?

No. Thats not discrimination. That's security.

Possibly I misunderstood the poster if that is, in fact what he is saying.

Diablo

May 4, 2005
The one who is calling me a disgruntled ex-employee should better shut his mouth and not react if he has never been there!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Diablo:

I hope you know slander is not taken lightly in this country, especially when administered electronically!

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
Diablo said:
The one who is calling me a disgruntled ex-employee should better shut his mouth and not react if he has never been there!

........an hilarious disgruntled ex-employee.

........now that's a new one.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Response I received via email. Posted to keep the thread fair and balanced.

-----------

The above are libelous and slanderous statements, not to mention outrageous lies. All of Blackbeards employees, loyal customers and management staff are totally offended by these comments and we plan to take legal action. Neither I nor my employees take lightly to personal threats or Internet intimidation.

My advice to Mr. Peter Steenhoudt, a Belgian citizen, is that he quickly hire himself a very good lawyer and immediately cease and desist from further slander.

Regards
David McBride
General Manager
www.blackbeardsadultresort.com
809-970-3268
809-970-3599

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.