Criminal Records

slimshade328

Dec 4, 2005
Hola Dominicanos y Otras!

I would like information about the following situation:

Years ago, I was in trouble with the law here in USA. Consequently, I have a criminal record for financial fraud. Yeas later, I seek Permanent Residence status in DR.

As I understand, I must get a Police Certificate from USA before making application to DR for residency. Also, I understand that if I live in DR for 2-3 months before making application, then I will not need to provide my USA Police Certificate; instead, I can get it from the Dominican Police.

Am I understanding this correctly? Also, what about the INTERPOL check? I have learned that USA does not dispatch its criminal records out to Interpol, so should I have problems with obtaining residency or what?

Thanks,
Slim

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You need a letter from the local Police in the D.R. not the U.S. With a good lawyer you will have no problems getting residency.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
slimshade328 said:
..Years ago, I was in trouble with the law here in USA. Consequently, I have a criminal record for financial fraud. ...
Slim

Don't worry about it, a lot of what is despicable and illegal behavior in the US, is actually laudable and exemplary in the DR.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Sky said it like it is. Applications are checked by Interpol, DNCD and DEA. I don't think an old fraud charge will give you any problems.

slimshade328

Dec 4, 2005
I just don't want any problems, so I didn't know if it's just better not to mention it or what.

If they check Interpol, I'm clean - No Outstanding Warrants
If they check DNCD, I'm clean: No Drugs, EVER (not even tried it)
If they check DEA, I'm clean: Never been suspected of drug use, sales, etc.

I just would like to set up a single consultant office there in Santiago or Sto. Dgo, as an expansion of my business here in USA. I want the Permanent Residency status because it makes things easier there (estate taxes and other benefits to DR residents/ citizens).

Also, I always enjoy traveling, but traveling down to South America is funny sometimes, because they always assume Americans are rich. It's wonderful being American at times, but it's terribly convenient in Colombia/ Venezuela! If those people ever kidnapped me, I'd be screwed because I am far from rich!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
With the financial fraud conviction and if you can obtain citizenship you can run for president in 2008.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
He can run for any other office than President and Vice President. Only Dominicans born here can run for these offices.

slimshade328

Dec 4, 2005
You all make it seem like having a criminal record and getting Residency there will be absolutely no problem. Most countries will automatically say NO to such a request.

Now, does the application ask if I have been convicted of anything? I really need to get a copy of the Form 509, just to see what I should expect to be able to answer! I have, also, searched the web for that form, but it seems to be very unavailable. Where would I see a digital copy of it or download it?

Also, Is it possible for an American Citizen and Dominican resident to join the Air Force in DR? I could not find a website for them. I'm working on my commercial pilots license now, so since I cannot serve in US military anymore, I would like to fly for Dominican Air Force (if I can). Any website link would be nice (to the Air Force site). I have searched, but yielded no results.

By the way: You people are SUPER knowledgeable! Thanks!

slimshade328

Dec 4, 2005
Hey Gang: I just finished talking to my new lawyer and he says that even though he can get my Police Certificate from Dominican Police rather than to have me obtain a US Police Certificate, he is not sure if my convictions will be listed in Interpol. I don't have any outstanding warrants or anything, plus I'm not sure if USA reports to Interpol.

Does anybody know if fraud is listed in Interpol (from USA)? The system is said to house only a number of countries' records, and USA wasn't among them, hence the big FBI database we have here; and the fact that FBI doesn't share it's repository with any other agencies.

I just basically wanna know if I'm going to be wasting my time applying or what?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
edna_1 said:
slimshade try http://www.SPAMSPAMMITYSPAMSPAM.com, they provide criminal records in U.S. check if your name is included in there database also these resources are used by private eyes & law enforcement agencies around the world. have nice day!

Edna1 you have 4 posts and they are all recommendations to use this service, criminal records, family trees, recipes, buried treasure. If you want to promote this sack of crap business pay Rob for the ads.

G

gary short

slimshade328 said:
You all make it seem like having a criminal record and getting Residency there will be absolutely no problem. Most countries will automatically say NO to such a request.

Now, does the application ask if I have been convicted of anything? I really need to get a copy of the Form 509, just to see what I should expect to be able to answer! I have, also, searched the web for that form, but it seems to be very unavailable. Where would I see a digital copy of it or download it?

Also, Is it possible for an American Citizen and Dominican resident to join the Air Force in DR? I could not find a website for them. I'm working on my commercial pilots license now, so since I cannot serve in US military anymore, I would like to fly for Dominican Air Force (if I can). Any website link would be nice (to the Air Force site). I have searched, but yielded no results.

By the way: You people are SUPER knowledgeable! Thanks!
The Dominican government is starting a space program, I think you're a perfect candidate. Keep it rollin buddy.

boogieman

Mar 30, 2006
i realize this is an old post but i thought id share a little bit of my knowledge.

first off, visit this website for more info on interpol:

WWW.INTERPOL.INT

second, interpol will PROBABLY not go after somebody for a fraud charge unless that person has a long history of offenses. you can browse interpol's website and click on 'fugitives'.

then click on search... then search for wated people by their citizenship and alternatively by a country issuing the warrant.

youll see that most people on there are wanted of SERIOUS crimes... murder, child abduction, rape, organized crime, etc etc..

i dont think you have much to worry about mate.

one thing to keep in mind id the interpol I-24/7 system which is not availabe to 190 countries.. im not sure if the system if fully developed in the D.R but with the system, fingerprints, DNA, and lost/stolen passport documents are recordred and easily retrieved ONLY BY THOSE COUNTRIES who have full develolped systems.

in the U.S that system is most developed... australia is on top of things too.. but im not really sure how developed the system is elsewhere.

hope that helps

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
I doubt your name appears on the interpol system...

(1) An international warning notification may be issued about any person who is suspected of being an international criminal for one or more of the following reasons:

(a) Because he has criminal convictions in at least three countries (excluding any for minor offences);

(b) Because he has at least one criminal conviction in one country and a police record in at least two other countries (excluding any for minor offences) if all the facts suggest that he is likely to engage in inter-national criminal activities of some significance;

(c) Because he has a police record in at least two countries if the nature of the alleged offences (for example, trafficking in drugs, counterfeit cur-rency, stolen property, weapons, exploitation of prostitution, picking pockets) sug-gests that he is likely to engage in international criminal activities of some significance;

(d) Because he has, in at least one country, a police record which suggests that he is likely to participate in serious offences (e.g. attacks on persons and property using firearms or explosives, armed assault, major theft or receiv-ing of stolen property, major trafficking operations) committed by a criminal organization operating in more than one country.

(2) A person is considered to have a "police record" when police investiga-tions of an offence have provided serious evidence of his guilt.

(3) When the information available is unclear or confusing or appears to be incomplete, the NCBs concerned should be contacted for clarification before the notification is issued. In such cases, the NCBs concerned should be informed that the General Secretariat intends to issue a warning notification.

(4) When the aims of a warning notification can probably be achieved even if circulation of the notification is limited to particular geographical areas, the General Secretariat should refrain from authorizing general circulation of the notification.

iluvdr

Aug 24, 2004
boogieman said:
ILUVDR...

just curious where you got this info.

A lawyer friend of mine emailed it to me a while back...I am not sure where he got it from....

perlanegra

Feb 4, 2005
OKKK. !!! AM I MISSING SOMETHING ABOUT ALL OF THE FOLLOWING????? HELP, HELP, HELP OR EITHER MY BRAIN IS STORMING TODAY, OR I'M BEEN STUPID, OR WHAT??? DO WE NEED TO INVITE THE FBI TO THIS FORUM??

ANNA!!!!

-----Years ago, I was in trouble with the law here in USA. Consequently, I have a criminal record for financial fraud. Yeas later, I seek Permanent Residence status in DR. -----

-------I just would like to set up a single consultant office there in Santiago or Sto. Dgo, as an expansion of my business here in USA. I want the Permanent Residency status because it makes things easier there (estate taxes and other benefits to DR residents/ citizens). -----

------Also, Is it possible for an American Citizen and Dominican resident to join the Air Force in DR? I could not find a website for them. I'm working on my commercial pilots license now, so since I cannot serve in US military anymore, I would like to fly for Dominican Air Force (if I can). Any website link would be nice (to the Air Force site). I have searched, but yielded no results.------