Canadaian Electrican Looking for work in the D.R

jonii

Sep 4, 2004
I'm a certified Electrican looking for work in the Dominican Republic!
If someone is looking for an electrican , or if anyone knows of someone that my be looking for a electrican please contact me at : jonathanembree@ns.sympatico.ca

Thanks,
Jonathan Embree

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
jonii said:
If someone is looking for an electrican , or if anyone knows of someone that my be looking for a electrican please contact me at : jonathanembree@ns.sympatico.ca

Thanks,
Jonathan Embree
Good luck Johnathan, there are millions of electricians (carpenters, plumbers, masons, etc.) in the DR - just ask them; LOL.

Gregg
;)

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Didn't you post about a year ago with the same idea trying to find a job in the DR? Someone from the Maritimes did.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
jonii said:
I'm a certified Electrican looking for work in the Dominican Republic

Certified electrician? who needs them. We can invite someone from the street and have him hot-wire the house from a utility pole, with bare hands, and pay him with a bottle of rum for his effort and risk...

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
if you speak french (if not, don´t bother...), show up in Las Terrenas, and with some homework, you might be able to make a living as an electrician.

jonii

Sep 4, 2004
Acutally, No that wasn't me about a year ago.
I hope whoever it was made out alright,
I also am very good at speaking french, took it as a second major!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Where are you or where will you be?
If it's in the Sosua-Cabarete area, I'm sure we can send some business your way, assuming your work & prices are reasonable.

jonii

Sep 4, 2004
I'm actually still in Nova Scotia, I'm looking for a contractor that needs an experieced electrican. I understand labour comes cheap over there but i'm sure someone or a company would like to have a qualified person that knows what there doing,

thanks,
Jonathan

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Just maybe not beating a dead horse

jonii said:
I'm actually still in Nova Scotia, I'm looking for a contractor that needs an experieced electrican. I understand labour comes cheap over there but i'm sure someone or a company would like to have a qualified person that knows what there doing,

thanks,
Jonathan

Maybe.... you should look at starting your own business.

Probably more knowledgeable than most in the country in your field.

If that is the case, be on time, fair price, polite to your customers, and you will build a clientele no matter what country you live in ,BEST of luck to you.;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You'll die of starvation at any of the touristy locations.

You need to think industry. Either Santo Domingo or the Santiago-Moca-La Vega triangle. Theya re the only people that can provide a continual string of jobs for you at a price you can live on.

In order to penetrate this market you have to come here and "socialize" meet people and make the rounds. There are a lot of places that can probably put your talents to good use, but you will have to go to them as they will not got to you...there is too much cheap competition.

HB :D:D

jonii

Sep 4, 2004
Thanks for the great information!

It seems your suggestions are to come first and then try to work, i'm not sure if i'm prepared for that? It would be much better if i found work before i came, Does anyone have some contact information or maybe a few names of contrators I could contact?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
jonii said:

Thanks,
Jonathan Embree
You might make a few pesos as a sideline but I don't think you should come down here with the intention of working for anywhere near what electricians make back home. You'll sh*t yourself when you see some of the stuff they do here.

jonii

Sep 4, 2004
I'm well aware and not expecting to make the same wage i'm making here!

Just interested in working around the world, I'm still young, no responsibilities and have a some coin saved!

Jonathan