I need contact

machert

Dec 6, 2005
Hallo,

excuse me disturbing you. I am a reporter for the German TV-station VOX, working for the weekly program ?Wolkenlos? (cloudless), presenting holiday destinations. I am actually preparing a show about the Dominican Republic. In this program we always present interesting people and locations. Maybe you can help me getting contact in the DR.

O For one rubric I am looking for people working in the holiday destination. Someone who has to do a job where Germans normally spend their holidays. It should be an interesting profession which is worth to watch (examples from former programs: model in Barcelona, shark diver in Southafrica, gold digger in Australia).

O For another rubric I would like to present a location or branch by which the spectator could ?learn? something about the country (examples: watch manufacturing in Switzerland or sherry production in Andalusia).

O At least I do need hints and suggestions about events, locations, restaurants, hotels ? preferably things that are not yet in nearly every travel guide. Should be things that would surprise a visitor of the DR and should be worth to get seen/tested/visited.

Maybe you have an idea to one or several of these rubrics. I would be very glad if you could help me. Feel free to tell me about your contacts (email, phone numbers, photos, internet-links?.)

Thanks a lot for your cooperation

Christoph Machert

email: MachertMedia@gmx.de
Fax: +49231528083

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Why dont you contact username LUZCACE. Helmut is responsible chef for the Hilton Hotels here on the island, and he is German. His wife runs a pottery here. See his blog as well
http://www.dr1.com/blogs/?u=LUZCACE

He has lived in DR for 19 years.

Last edited:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Cigar production - contact Hillbilly on this board.
Amber and larimar mining and production - I don't have a name for you but someone else on here may have.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
For underwater world, one of the most respected divers would be Mark Fernandez.
He and his team also work with resquing in times of tropical storms or hurricanes. He is located in Puerto Plata, but works all over the island.

Another part of his work is training divers for the above.

dive.pro@verizon.net.do

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
machert said:
O For one rubric I am looking for people working in the holiday destination. Someone who has to do a job where Germans normally spend their holidays. It should be an interesting profession which is worth to watch

You can talk to any hooker in Sosua! Working girl in the holiday destination where germans spent there holidays. Its seems to be interesting to watch as well for quit some people.