Cabarete; A Walking Town?

Denmay565

Dec 6, 2005
When we were there in November, we were told that the main road through Cabarete was going to be closed off and that Cabarete would be a walking town. Apparently, the main road would now go around the perimeter of the Town. Is this true? If so, when is this expected to happen and what are the details. Thank you.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
There is always talks and plans in the works in this country. Until we actually see something happen - it is only a plan.

As far as I know this is still in discussion stages.... I'll look forward to hearing from anyone else with more info.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I think you are right, planner. I know there have been posts on this board asking the same question each year for the past several.

One thing you learn when you live here and hear about a big project is not to believe it until the work is done. Lots of projects are talked about and only a few get started. Of the fewe that start, only a very few are finished. Or if finished, it is after many years as an eye sore of use to nobody.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
I am still waiting for that overpass in Monte Llano to get finished. It has been in the same condition since at least 1992

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
There are always projects going on.............and on..................and on....................and on. They will have the way out of your area blocked off with several road projects which drag on and on. Instead of focusing their efforts on a few road projects and competing them in a timely manner...they start them all at once and disrupt traffic everywhere. It makes no sense although I will bet it has something to do with keeping everyone happy short-term. Everyone wants their road repaired.