Sosua Bay / Casa Marina

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I was told that Sosua Bay and the Casa Marina hotels had the same owner or owner group. Can anybody confirm or deconfirm this ?
I'm a bit curious, since I heard that in connectiont with a ruomor that they all will cut out the AI deals, and turn them into bed and breakfasts hotels.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Who knows the truth. It's been a huge mess now for months, from gun fights to court cases, we even had the Minister of Tourism step in. The only people making money right now are the lawyers.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
As far as I know, Sosua Bay/Victoria House is owned by Starz Resorts and yes, there was a conflict (that turned violent) between the two main partners in the company.

I stayed at Victoria House last weekend and was very impressed by their rooms.

Casa Marina/Beach Resorts is owned by the AHMSA chain, I don't think they have anything to do with Sosua Bay.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
re Conchman
Are you sure the hotels are owned by this chains, and just not managed on a contract ?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Sosua Bay is or was owned by an Italian and a Moroccan. Now they are fighting in court over the hotel. Both have 3 or 4 bodyguards as there has been threats of violence and a fistfight.

joecanada

Jan 15, 2004
When Sosua Bay was under construction, there was a deal in place wherin Amhsa Hotels would run it. For whatever reason, they never went forward with the management contract. That's probably where the rumour came from.

There is conflict between the partners of the Stars chain.

No way does Amhsa Hotels get rid of the AI program. Stars may start to offer B&B (who knows?) but no way they get rid of the AI program.

There you have it.