Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sosua Bay / Casa Marina

I was told that Sosua Bay and the Casa Marina hotels had the same owner or owner group. Can anybody confirm or deconfirm this ?
    I'm a bit curious, since I heard that in connectiont with a ruomor that they all will cut out the AI deals, and turn them into bed and breakfasts hotels.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Who knows the truth. It's been a huge mess now for months, from gun fights to court cases, we even had the Minister of Tourism step in. The only people making money right now are the lawyers.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I know, Sosua Bay/Victoria House is owned by Starz Resorts and yes, there was a conflict (that turned violent) between the two main partners in the company.

I stayed at Victoria House last weekend and was very impressed by their rooms.

Casa Marina/Beach Resorts is owned by the AHMSA chain, I don't think they have anything to do with Sosua Bay.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

re Conchman
    Are you sure the hotels are owned by this chains, and just not managed on a contract ?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Sosua Bay is or was owned by an Italian and a Moroccan. Now they are fighting in court over the hotel. Both have 3 or 4 bodyguards as there has been threats of violence and a fistfight.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats very possible, that they are just managed by these companies and don't actually own the buildings.

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just a stupid rumour.

One has nothing to do with the other.
    There is no connection whatsoever.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

When Sosua Bay was under construction, there was a deal in place wherin Amhsa Hotels would run it. For whatever reason, they never went forward with the management contract. That's probably where the rumour came from.

There is conflict between the partners of the Stars chain.

No way does Amhsa Hotels get rid of the AI program. Stars may start to offer B&B (who knows?) but no way they get rid of the AI program.

There you have it.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    One has nothing to do with the other.
    There is no connection whatsoever.
    Thought so myself, would just check it out.