Laptops

PTB

Dec 7, 2005
My wife and I are flying out to Punta Cana this Friday.
What are your thoughts on bringing a laptop along for the flight? It's not a direct flight. We fly out of Minneapolis, MN to Charlotte, NC then to PC.
I doubt they will have a movie on the flight, being that it's not a direct flight.
I would like to bring the laptop to watch a movie or two, but am unsure about leaving it in our hotel room at the resort. I know they have safes, but how big are they?

Thanks,
Pete

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
you can leave your laptop on your bed and nothing will happen to it. Resorts are safe.
AZB

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
PTB said:
I doubt they will have a movie on the flight, being that it's not a direct flight.
I would like to bring the laptop to watch a movie or two, but am unsure about leaving it in our hotel room at the resort. I know they have safes, but how big are they?
Most hotel safes can not fit a laptop.

If you are taking the laptop only to watch a movie while in transit, why not buy a portable DVD player? You can get them for under $100US.

PTB

Dec 7, 2005
AZB said:
you can leave your laptop on your bed and nothing will happen to it. Resorts are safe.
AZB

Do you know if they fit in the safe, or are the small for money, jewelry, etc...?
Thanks.

PTB

Dec 7, 2005
rellosk said:
Most hotel safes can not fit a laptop.

If you are taking the laptop only to watch a movie while in transit, why not buy a portable DVD player? You can get them for under $100US.

$$$$...:ermm:

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Tamborista is right, buy the laptop lock and loop it around a part of the desk, peace of mind.

PTB

Dec 7, 2005
Ricardo900 said:
Tamborista is right, buy the laptop lock and loop it around a part of the desk, peace of mind.

I think I will. Thanks for the help.