1. I want you to get on top
2. Please turn over or Please get on your back
3. That's it keep going
4. Turn over
5. Leave the lights on
6. Wake up, I have a doctor's appointment in 15 minutes:classic:
7. How was it?

Gracias

Oh, these translations are for a friend of mine who is planning a vacation in Sosua in January, not me.

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
Ricardo900 said:
OK I'll start it off,
Need the following translation:

3. That's it keep going
4. Turn over
5. Leave the lights on
7. How was it?

Gracias

Oh, these translations are for a friend of mine who is planning a vacation in Sosua in January, not me.

Don't forget:

Not tonight, I have a headache

Of course you're better than my ex!

Is that all?

Sep 19, 2005
1. Quiero que usted montese la cima

2. Por favor vuelta sobre o se monta por favor su espalda

3. Eso es mantiene ir

4. Gire sobre

5. Salga las luces en

6. Despi?rtese, yo tengo una cita de doctor en 15 minutos

7. C?mo era?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
laurapasinifan said:
6. Despi?rtese, yo tengo una cita de doctor en 15 minutos

If you are in the middle of screwing the lady I bet you can use the tu form of the verb vs. Ud.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Pimsleur to the rescue Bob!

I wonder if he keeps his "Online Translator" under the pillow when he is boinking his GF!

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Chirimoya said:
in the middle of... and he's telling her to wake up?

She's happier doing it that way :)

You get the point that you are likely free to go "all the way" while you are going all the way and thus safe to use "tu" for the request.

Sep 19, 2005
What gives. No one else was posting an answer. So I used the translator on my computer. I dont know enough spanish to properly translate for others. I use that translator to learn difficult words.

I see you felt it important enough to nit pick on someone who replied as opposed to replying your self.

bob

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Generally you don't use usted for close friends, and having sex with someone would certainly qualify.

Also I would suggest if you cannot actually translate Spanish you don't use Babelfish and post what you think is right as it is often not right for example, insists every time on using Ud. vs. Tu for all uses of the word "you". That is because it is probably better to say Ud. vs. tu than tu vs. Ud., though it can insult someone very close to you or imply tha you are angry with them (by switching to formal address).

And they tend to be very literal and often use the wrong nouns and verbs where there can be multiple choices. The one example of ending in "en" (for "on") is an example. It just translated it word for word.

While these were sort of silly questions someone may need to really know the proper way to say something so machine translation is not the most suitable method to do that. It is handy as a starting point but always needs editing.

I didn't try to do them all as I don't want to bother.

Let's see:

1. I want you to get on top = quiero que vayas encima de m? (I want you to go on top of me)
2. Please turn over or Please get on your back =vayas en tu espalda por favor (go on your back please)
3. That's it keep going =as?, no pare (like that, don't stop)
4. Turn over
5. Leave the lights on = no apague las luces (don't turn off the lights)
6. Wake up, I have a doctor's appointment in 15 minutes =despertate! Tengo una cita de medico en 15 minutos
7. How was it? = ?gozaste de eso? (did you enjoy that?)

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2005
I dont know a lot of spanish, but I do know when to use and tu and usted. For my own spanish i know it is rough, but i only need to convey what i need to say , I dont really care at this point in time if it grammatically correct spanish. I just want to get them to understand, period. I know i sound awfull just like my hunting buddy sounded 12 years ago when i met him. He used maybe 4 correct words in a 20 word sentence, but since i knew the subject i could figure what he was trying to say, and we communicated. i figure thats how i sound somewhat to the poeple I talk to. Luckily I have about 20 dominican who work at my company who know english very well, and help me with my spanish.

I never really read all the questions that were wanted, I cut and pasted the whole thing.

bob

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Then I suggest you tell someone who posts this type of question that this is just what babelfish said vs. the translation they asked for, serious or not so serious questions. Or post the URL for babelfish and they can commit the same mistakes.

Such intimate questions, I'd want to ask them with the right verb tenses and pronouns as not to offend the woman.

May 31, 2005
1. I want you to get on top - Quiero que te pongas encima or Quiero que te pongas arriba
2. Please turn over or Please get on your back - Por favor volteate is Please turn over
Por favor acuestate de espalda is please get on your back
3. That's it keep going - Asi es, Sigue
4. Turn over - Volteate
5. Leave the lights on - Deja las luces encendidas
6. Wake up, I have a doctor's appointment in 15 minutes - despiertate, tengo una cita medica en 15 minutos
7. How was it? ?Como te fue? or ?Te gusto? is Did you like it?

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
Couldn't you say "Deja las luces prendidos" ? mind you my spelling isn't so good.
or "Vuelta te"- Turn over
"Te gusto" Did you like it?

wildnfree

Jun 14, 2005
Deja las luces prendidos - could it be

Dejas las luces prendidos -

or what about "Dejan las luces prendidos" ( Cause you have more than one light??)

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Grammar issues...

One aspect I must point out is that grammar is so important in all languages. However in Spanish grammar errors are readily visible if not followed.

Mofi- las luces prendidos is not a correct grammatical phrase because you did not follow the rules of concordance. If you are suggesting this phrase it s/b las luces prendidas.

Mofi- your suggestion Vuelta te may be your attempt to use the phrase darse la vuelta instead of voltearse which is a synonym but your command form is incorrect- date la vuelta is what I think you are trying to say.

Wildnfree- Making the verb plural (dejan) as you suggested instead of (deja) because las luces is plural is absolutely incorrect because the command forms of verbs depend on who (how many people you are speaking to) One person= deja (t?) more than one person= dejen (uds).

BTW- Dragonfly is one of my favorite Spanish speakers on the board. Always great grammar, she is very careful with her choice of phrases, beautiful sentence structure and very neutral as well which is important when giving suggestions on how to say xxx to people of diverse backgrounds.

LDG.

Last edited:

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
Ricardo900 said:
OK I'll start it off,
Need the following translation:

3. That's it keep going
4. Turn over
5. Leave the lights on
7. How was it?

Gracias

Some additions:

Did I mention the video camera?

Can you please pass me the remote control?

Hurry up! This room rents by the hour.

But I just brushed my teeth...

Hmmm? Did I remember to take my pill?

I told you it wouldn't work without batteries!

It's nice being in bed with a woman I don't have to inflate

Keep it down, my mother is a light sleeper

and finally...

On second thought, let's turn off the lights

Status
Not open for further replies.