Flying to Peru from DR

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
I'm kicking around the idea to take my wife, who is Dominican and only has a DR passport......and my daughter who has a USA passport to Peru. My concern is that when we go to fly out of the DR that there may be something I am not aware of...a reason that they would prevent my wife from leaving. My understanding is that DR citizens can fly to Peru using a DR Passport. No visa required. Is there any other document that may be required. Any other reasons they my stop her.

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
As far as I know peruvian people don't need a visa to get to the DR, and it should be reciprocate, meaning, dominicans would not need a visa to get to Peru. For your own peace, call the airline office to make sure, or call the peruvian embassy (809) 482-3300.

Your daughter, having an american passport does not need a visa.

If your wife needs a visa you will get it fast, they fix everything very fast there :)

Good luck and enjoy my country!!

Jess
PS. If you fly COPA they will want to see a return ticket... thats it.

Last edited:

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
No...I was not concerned about the Peruvian side. I'm concerned about the trickster Dominicans. If they can throw in a roadblock they will. Probably nothing a little money could not solve.

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
I think there are only two problems that can arise:

1. She is not allowed to board the plane to Peru -> Call the peruvian embassy before your flight date, ask if she needs a visa or permit and get it.
2. Coming back from Peru, you and your daughter (assuming you are not dominicans and have no dominican residence) are stopped in the peruvian airport trying to board a flight to SDQ with no air ticket taking you out of SDQ --> have on hand an air ticket out of SDQ or your dominican residence id or your reentry permit.

The second problem happened to my fiance and I last time we were in Peru. He had a round trip ticket originating in SDQ. For peruvian COPA officers, it was a one way LIM-SDQ, an american with no dominican residence and no reentry permit trying to get into and stay in SDQ ... that was funny... thank GOD we finally got into the plane...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You should have no problems at all. She does not need a Visa. All she needs is her passport and Cedula.