I want my quiet life back...

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Chris, I have always thought there was a reason why you, a South African, are living in this area. Now it is clear, you are an assembly point and coordinator for your countrymen who are coming her to do mischief.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
This is serious stuff you guys - Its not a joke! So far we've been well treated in this country and across the Caribbean and Central America and most of the rest of the world. I don't want it to change. Bloody Mercenaries! Why don't they pick another island to go through. I guess I'll call our embassy tomorrow. Problem is the closest embassy is in Cuba and if they are sober, and I can get a coherent dialogue started, they're probably too broke to do anything anyway. But perhaps it is good to remind them again that we are here. To be safe, I'll probably call the Embassy in Washington as well and ask them what the heck!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Chris, this is not new information. South Africa granted Aristide asylum or refuge, whatever they called it, and for a while now there has been talk of SA mercenaries going to Haiti to destabilise the interim government and the forthcoming elections. I can't remember when I first heard this mentioned, but it was some months ago.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Chirimoya said:
Chris, this is not new information. South Africa granted Aristide asylum or refuge, whatever they called it, and for a while now there has been talk of SA mercenaries going to Haiti to destabilise the interim government and the forthcoming elections. I can't remember when I first heard this mentioned, but it was some months ago.

Talk is one thing, but mainstream press is a little much! :ermm: The imagination runs riot... Some DR functionary somewhere picking up a rumor just when I have to walk in to present a passport for something. Yes, Aristide got asylum/refuge, but did anyone mean for him to put a new mercenary force together? Perhaps they did - what do I know about this stuff?.

And Rocky, no problem. If I get in trouble, I'll call you to bail me out OK :classic:

Ken, one of the reasons I left SA, (and there were three) was that I was simply so burnt out on the politics that I needed different space to simply recover a normal life and process of thinking. Somehow the land of Micky and Minnie Mouse helped a lot with this process ... Now it feels like those darn countrymen of mine are following me.

Watch out in the bars, if there is a South African mercenary, he'll always say please... Plieze give me a Beer, in a very thick accent. If this happens, kick the bugger on the butt for me...!

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Chris said:
Why don't they pick another island to go through.

#1 Mercs don't "pick" where the action is.

#2 The cardinal rule of special ops is keeping it under the radar. The fact that it has appeared in the Dominican media could be a decoy...or it means they are already there.

Shakespeare was right..."Those who speak do not know and those who know do not speak."

Relax. Wait and see what happens.

Scandall

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Chris said:
Your telephone number too please!. In case Rocky cannot be found, I need another good backup should some Dominican functionary perhaps not agree with you. :classic:

Just whistle and I'll come a runnin'.

Scandall

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
Shakespeare & plagiarism

Scandall said:
Shakespeare was right..."Those who speak do not know and those who know do not speak."

Scandall

... stolen from Lao Tzu and one of the greatest books of all time: the Tao Te Ching. Have a copy by my bed. :)

Am I picking on you today, Randall Scandall?

hee hee

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
hey, Dr. of ... whatever

LOL, I'm just so happy to be home, I'm feeling feisty. And saucy.

sorry.

NOT.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Chris said:
Talk is one thing, but mainstream press is a little much! :ermm: The imagination runs riot... Some DR functionary somewhere picking up a rumor just when I have to walk in to present a passport for something. Yes, Aristide got asylum/refuge, but did anyone mean for him to put a new mercenary force together? Perhaps they did - what do I know about this stuff?.

And Rocky, no problem. If I get in trouble, I'll call you to bail me out OK :classic:

Ken, one of the reasons I left SA, (and there were three) was that I was simply so burnt out on the politics that I needed different space to simply recover a normal life and process of thinking. Somehow the land of Micky and Minnie Mouse helped a lot with this process ... Now it feels like those darn countrymen of mine are following me.

Watch out in the bars, if there is a South African mercenary, he'll always say please... Plieze give me a Beer, in a very thick accent. If this happens, kick the bugger on the butt for me...!

I'm pretty sure it was in the mainstream DR press several months ago, and may have even been covered by the DR1 news.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Chirimoya said:
I'm pretty sure it was in the mainstream DR press several months ago, and may have even been covered by the DR1 news.

Perhaps Chiri - sometimes I do lose whole chunks of life when I get busy with something else. I did not see anything earlier.