Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Question European Front Loading Washing Machines

Can anyone tell me if you can buy european style front loading washing machines in the DR? If so, where can I get one and how much can I expect to pay? Location: Puerto Plata.

Thanks in advance
    Daydream

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Try Plaza Lama

Here in Santo Domingo they have a bigb selection of washers and dryers.Both front loading.You may have to go to Santiago to find what you need! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Post Thanks / Like

Are you sure, Criss? I've only ever seen top loaders on sale in the DR. I think I've even come round to preferring them!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon
    Here in Santo Domingo they have a bigb selection of washers and dryers.Both front loading.You may have to go to Santiago to find what you need! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    Will they deliver to Puerto Plata from Sanitago? - and any ideas on costs?

Thanks
    Daydream

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm Not "SURE" og ANYTHING At My Age!!

Could be just that I want a front loading set so much I am "seeing"them in my dreams!
    Iam in Boston now,and have been "drooling", more that I usually do, looking at the Advertising Brochures from "K-Mart","Wal*Mart","Target",and all the rest makes me do that!!
    Can't wait to actually go to "Circuit City" and "fondle" some "Flat-Screen-Monitors",and other "High-End" Electronics! Then it's off to "Home Depot" and "Battery Operated Power Tools"! I will wear some "Depends" so no one will notice how "Excited" I am!!
    ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

"Believe it!"
    Post Thanks / Like

why would anyone want a clothes dryer in the DR? A "solar dryer" (clothes line) usually works much better, costs less. At least it did for us for 4 yrs in SD...

.............. ?
    Post Thanks / Like

I"ve never seen a front loading washing machine here. there are many types of top loading machines available. And the price starts at over 15,000 pesos for a smaller more basic machine.

I've also seen what I would have called an apartment sized washer dryer, stacked on top of each other at Pricesmart for over 45,000 pesos.

Yes they do deliver from some stores in Santiago but not all. At Plaza Lama you can get your items delivered. http://www.plazalama.com this is their website and you can have a look yourself...

As for dryers Keith, well sometimes a girl just likes her jeans out of a dryer!

"Believe it!"
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by planner
    As for dryers Keith, well sometimes a girl just likes her jeans out of a dryer!
    Good point! I **ahem** shall refrain from saying why I agree, lest I get in trouble...

However, as a practical and cost-saving matter, I think clothes line drying makes alot of sense in a place where there's more hours of warmth and intense sunshine in the year than there are rainy days. And wind-swept clothes can have a special clean smell to them...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The appliance market seems US oriented in most Latin America... including the DR as far as I could see. Front loads are even dificult to find in the US... I remember about 8 years ago we bought front loaders in Florida... most of our US friends would not recognize them as washer and driyer... they where of some Italian brand and mid range priced... the only others we seen back then was a very expensive line of Maytag.

My opinion is that US style top loads wash mor "havey dudy" but tear and wear garnment eventually. They last long and most are quite reliable... but many do not heat they're own water(!) and thus need an external source of hot water.

In Latin America you can find "insider" brands like Nash's Kelvinators.

... J-D.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Try Distributadora Corripio in Puerto Plata. It's an excellent appliance chain with stores in SD and Santiago. They deliver and have grear service. - D

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast