Green Tourist Cards

George_F

Apr 6, 2002
Can anyone tell me about the new Tourist Cards. I called the DR Consulate in London, they said the Green Cards are still in use till the end of December. Can anyone explain to me if it is worth per purchasing a green card, ie, will I still have to que to exchange it for the new one. My question is what should I do to minimise queing for a tourist card. I dont want to tempt fate but to me new system probably means long que whatever I do.
Thanks
G.

The Voice

Nov 29, 2005
George_F said:
Can anyone tell me about the new Tourist Cards. I called the DR Consulate in London, they said the Green Cards are still in use till the end of December. Can anyone explain to me if it is worth per purchasing a green card, ie, will I still have to que to exchange it for the new one. My question is what should I do to minimise queing for a tourist card. I dont want to tempt fate but to me new system probably means long que whatever I do.
Thanks
G.

Just buy it when you get to DR and save yourself the hassle.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
They allowed the use of the old yellow ones for a long time after the greenies came out. They were better with carbons as well, vs. writing everything twice.

The charter companies had loads of them in stock here was the reason.

Fill out the green one and try it.