Nanny Question Here

dresposa

Oct 7, 2005
I posted information before inquiring about how to go about finding a Nanny in the Dominican Republic ( want to bring her abroad.) No responses unfortunately. Does anyone have experience with this? I thought about posting ads in local papers in different cities, then conducting interviews, but I am not sure if thats the correct route. My husband wants one of his family members to take the position, I stated no way, not gonna happen.. lol Any suggestions? Thank you.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
dresposa said:
I posted information before inquiring about how to go about finding a Nanny in the Dominican Republic ( want to bring her abroad.) No responses unfortunately. Does anyone have experience with this? I thought about posting ads in local papers in different cities, then conducting interviews, but I am not sure if thats the correct route. My husband wants one of his family members to take the position, I stated no way, not gonna happen.. lol Any suggestions? Thank you.

I'm sorry I didn't see your original post. It's funny that you mention your husband wants to bring one of his family members here, because I want to bring my husband's cousin here to be our nanny. Canadian Immigration, unfortunately, doesn't allow it. My next attempt will be for a visitor's visa for his cousin, she actually may qualify, and then apply while she is here for a Permanent Residence visa.

I don't know where you live, but I know where to find some info if you are Canadian. Try www.aupair.com or aupair.ca if you are Canadian, but I'm not positive if they work with the DR, I know they work with Mexico.

Last edited:

dresposa

Oct 7, 2005
Thanks for the reply. I am in the United States... and I actually checked out aupair.ca website. They have one or two Dominican Nannys that I could see of... but I didnt like either..lol One had to many things listed under "What she wouldnt do" - I.E. she stated she wouldnt work with children under the age of 2 years..lol I thought to myself; what the heck! Anyways, I was under the impression that you could bring someone over on a work visa. Thanks for writing to me though, I am going crazy over this.. lol

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Let me see if I understand the whole story. You got married to a Dominican in July, Applied for his visa in August. Expect to receive it by May. Now you want to get a work visa (green card) for a Dominican nanny. By the time this is approved the kid shoud be ready for college.

dresposa

Oct 7, 2005
Howmar..lol

It doesnt take that long. Yes, his visa will be approved between may and july. Why so negative? lol

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
I'm sorry if I sound negative. Just kind of wondering if you really can be serious. As you know the time involved in getting a visa for a spouse, you should appreciate the difficulty (not to mention the time and cost) in obtaining a green card for a stranger. You realize that you will have to prove that you tried to fill the job with somebody already approved to work in the US. You will have to run newspaper ads in the US with specific job specifications, pay, etc. After failing to fill the job you then can apply to bring somebody in. Then when approved you will have to wait for an opening in the immigration quota for country of origin, if one exists. Asking how to hire someone in the DR now, when you can't possibly bring this person to the US for years from now is a bit premature.

dresposa

Oct 7, 2005
Actually its not that technical... I have been blessed in the sense that I have family and friends working in the right part of the government. I definitely do not want a Nanny from here, usually too many problems. Thank you for the lengthy response, shows you put time and thought into it.

dresposa

Oct 7, 2005
My Original Post

Mr. Howmar.... lol

Back to my original post.... Do you know how I can go about finding a Nanny?

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
dresposa said:
I definitely do not want a Nanny from here, usually too many problems.
Well why write the question? And if you have family and friends in the "right part" of government who can circumvent the system, why are you waiting the same as everyone else for your husband's interview.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
dresposa said:
Mr. Howmar.... lol

Back to my original post.... Do you know how I can go about finding a Nanny?
I'm having trouble keeping track of which of your multiple personalities I'm responding to.

dresposa

Oct 7, 2005
Howmar,

You are driving me crazy.....lol This post is about finding a Nanny.... wheres my nanny help mister? lol and just because I had a little help, doesnt mean I can jump the line.. Again, Do you have Nanny information? I dont think you do. =)