Adult Education on the North Coast

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Does anyone know where a young adult in Puerto Plata / Sosua could go to learn to read and write Spanish? She's 18 years old and illiterate. I would like to send her to an adult school where her classmates would also be adults learning to read and write as well.

Thanks,
Helpmann :)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
That's a Spanish course for foreigners. The OP is looking for a literacy class/tutor for Dominican adults.

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Tutoring for Illiterate Dominicana

NorthernStar said:
Hi,

try this:

www.suncampdr.com/spanish.htm

I was just talking to her and she told me, that the lessons can take place whereever you want. The price ist around 200 Peso an hour, but can be less, if you dedcide to book for a month.

Anthony
I am looking for Spanish reading and writing classes (or tutor) for an illiterate Dominicana. The service you directed me to appears to be for those who are literate in their native language, but want to learn Spanish. Does the service provide tutoring for illiterate Spanish speaking adults?

Thanks,
Helpmann :)

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
There are evening classes at many public schools. Those classes are for adults. I know of one school in Sosua and one in Puerto Plata that have adult classes.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
sunshine_79 said:
Martin, you're wrong on this one.

No sock puppet here, just Anthony.

Hi Anthony! Hope all is well.

Sunnie
Sorry if you misunderstood me. I meant to say that the link he provided suncampdr was for Diane Pellerin, who has a checkered past on DR1.

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
HOWMAR said:
I meant to say that the link he provided suncampdr was for Diane Pellerin, who has a checkered past on DR1.

So I've heard...

How are those scars from your bites coming along? ;)

NorthernStar

Oct 28, 2005
sunshine_79 said:
Martin, you're wrong on this one.

No sock puppet here, just Anthony.

Hi Anthony! Hope all is well.

Sunnie

Hi Sunnie,

thanks for the correction.

I am OK so far, but I have a lot of work to do.

Hope to see You soon!

Anthony