Gasoline situation - still the same?

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Hello everyone.

The days are getting close for me to be back home. I wanted to know if the Gasoline situation is still the same?

Even and Odd plate numbers get to pump gas on certain days. Gas on Saturday until 2 p.m. and no gas on Sundays.

Is this still the case?

Thanks.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
El Tigre said:
Hello everyone.

The days are getting close for me to be back home. I wanted to know if the Gasoline situation is still the same?

Even and Odd plate numbers get to pump gas on certain days. Gas on Saturday until 2 p.m. and no gas on Sundays.

Is this still the case?

Thanks.
Even/Odd never instituted.
Shortened hours suspended for December.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Perrrrfect!!!

I didn't want to worry about this.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Sep 19, 2005
howar... so there are gas stations open all night sat and sunday nights now? In Nov, they were open till 2 pm only on sat and sunday. during the week there didnt seem to be any mandatory closing times.....bob

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
laurapasinifan said:
howar... so there are gas stations open all night sat and sunday nights now? In Nov, they were open till 2 pm only on sat and sunday. during the week there didnt seem to be any mandatory closing times.....bob
Due to the 35% reduction of fuel consumption in November (as reported by the government) they decided to give the people a break for the month of December. They lifted the shortened hours. Problem is many of the stations laid off and liquidated their night and weekend employees. Dominican labor law prevents them from rehiring a liquidated employee for 90 days. Since the government indicated it was going back to regulated hours in January, many stations have not reopened 24 hours. I would guess about half are back to full schedule. The end of November was pretty loose because the reopening was announced in November, but prior to the announcement, the army was enforceing the closure schedule in most areas.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
daydream said:
and how about on xmas day - are they open? and from/till what time?

thanks
daydream
I think you have a better shot at finding an open station on xmas day than on xmas eve. It's surprising, but in the DR alot of things (i.e. department stores) are open on xmas day.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Gregg at Coastal told me he is now open 24 hours every day. I don?t know about Xmas though.