Fine intelligence work

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
DR1 news, Wednesday:

"District attorney Martinez congratulated Colonel Lopez on the fine intelligence work that led to the discovery of the 14 kilos of cocaine, the largest amount ever seized in Santiago."

I was driving home from PP last night and got to witness some of this "fine intelligence" firsthand. It consisted of randomly stopping cars and hassling the drivers.

This is what passes for "intelligence" in this country. Illiterate pigs woke my baby daughter up who was tired from her day at the beach to see if they could get a bribe out of the gringo.

Bastards.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
In the first part of the news report:

Local District Attorney Raul Martinez and DNI Colonel Crisostomo Lopez told reporters that the drugs had been found during a routine search for illegal firearms.

Then he goes on to "congratulate... on the fine intelligence work".

He definitely underestimates everyone else's intelligence, that's for sure.

:cross-eye

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
And our ability to read! Mr. Mike glad you got home safe and sound. Hope the day at the beach was good.

Sep 19, 2005
You know we got stopped in Puerto Platta on the way to the thankgiving day dinner at Eddys. I had been driving all around PP looking for a hotel, and these police had a road block and they waved me over. I copped an attitude right off, because i figured they saw a gringo. He was polite, but I bit his head off anyway.

The kicker was that i had been stopped once already that week , and was asked for the paperwork for my car. Its a rental and i dont have the registration or anything like that. And since I went through 5 SUV's the first day trying to get one that everything worked on, I didnt even end up with my own rental paperwork. But the first guy let me go.

So here i am figureing Ill have to go through all that again. But it turns out they are checking for illegal guns!. So they stopped a gringo! ha ha ha....he asked if we had any guns, and we said no, then he looked around, asked a few more questions in fast spanish that i didnt understand, and said we could go. I said thats it?? You are taking our word for it?. Turns out my girlfriend ALREADY asked that question?....he told her, I can look in your eyes and tell if you are lying!

so maybe the guy said "i dont have any drugs in the car", and this guy read his face!!!!!!! ha ha ha...

bob

Pingu

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 20, 2005
"...fine intelligence work that led to the discovery of the 14 kilos of cocaine, the largest amount ever seized in Santiago."

This is the biggest crock of **** I've ever read in my life. 14 Kilos of cocaine? I would estimate that ATLEAST 1000+ KILOS of cocaine alone are moved through the city PER DAY. This further proves the point that the war on drugs is complete bull**** and the government loves to capitalize these "big busts" to justify their complete incompetence and stupidity.

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
Pingu said:
"...fine intelligence work that led to the discovery of the 14 kilos of cocaine, the largest amount ever seized in Santiago."

This is the biggest crock of **** I've ever read in my life. 14 Kilos of cocaine? I would estimate that ATLEAST 1000+ KILOS of cocaine alone are moved through the city PER DAY. This further proves the point that the war on drugs is complete bull**** and the government loves to capitalize these "big busts" to justify their complete incompetence and stupidity.

Why is that governments love to declare "war" on things?

The war on drugs, the war on crime, and so on.

I wish the DR follow the lead of other countries and declare "war" on illiteracy and poverty.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
sunshine_79 said:
I wish the DR follow the lead of other countries and declare "war" on illiteracy and poverty.

But they have, the DR government is killing the ignorant and the poor with its inaccurate or inadequate social policies and programs.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I like when they make a US$1 million dollar bust, its actually a just a couple kilo's but they get creative with accounting and say a dealer would cut that x5..so make 10 kilos out of 2, then sell at $100 per gram. so 2 kilos bought for US$10,000 become a $1million bust!

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Conchman said:
I like when they make a US$1 million dollar bust, its actually a just a couple kilo's but they get creative with accounting and say a dealer would cut that x5..so make 10 kilos out of 2, then sell at $100 per gram. so 2 kilos bought for US$10,000 become a $1million bust!

Dude, you like know way too much about this sh!t....